*48* the golden egg

UHUHUHUHU just read the first few chapters. Bad. Ugh. Horrifying. I might (want to) rewrite them. Don't know when...don't know how...(yes I know song reference)...Okay, don't judge my writing by the first chapters.

You stood beside Draco on your way into the tent beside the quidditch court where the first task was going to take place.

"You ready?" Draco said as he squeezed your hand. You didn't sleep well at all last night. Pre-nearly-dying anxiety was to blame for that. Theo and Blaise were busting worrying with Draco this morning and it took a lot to reassure them that you were going to be okay.
Gosh, it took a lot more to reassure yourself though.

You felt weirdly happy about the fact that he was doing that. "Let's hope so."

Slowly, you opened the curtain leading to the inside of the tent and saw that everyone was already there.

"Good luck." Draco said as he stepped forward and hugged you.
The hug didn't last long though, thanks to a special snake named Rita.

"Y/n! Friends with a Malfoy. Now that's something our readers would like to hear about." She said.

"Go." You quickly whispered in his ear and he nodded and went away. Skeeter flashed you an annoyed look and you returned an innocent smile while walking over to Harry.

"Don't worry about her. Says she's going to make up something about me and 'mione when she caught us hugging also."

"I bet Ron and her are worried sick."

"That's a bit of an understatement but Ron and I haven't been on the best terms."

"That's a shame. I don't blame Hermione for worrying though. Considering how many times you've nearly died. I don't mean to frighten you but one can only go so long with luck on their side." You spoke. Harry let out a small breath. "But I'm sure it'll be fine. Hermione probably made you practice your way until she was sure you're going to survive." You added. Changing the subject.

"Yeah she did, but it took us a while to work out what to do at first." Harry said.

"That's understandable. Considering how late we figured out what it was." You said, "this coat thing they made me wear feels awful. I can't even run properly in it."

"And I thought I had it bad

"And I thought I had it bad." Harry laughed. "But at least you look good."

"Hah this gives a whole new meaning to I wouldn't be caught dead in that." You said. "Get it cause we might die but we might not, and we're hoping we're not soImSayingIwouldntBeCaughtDeadInThatBecauseIdontWantToDie-" great. You're so nervous you feel the need to make yourself look even more stupid. Thankfully your failed attempt of a joke was saved by an announcement.

"Well, now that we're all here - time to fill you in!" Bagman said brightly. "When the audience has assembled, I'm going to be offering each of you this bag" - he held up a small sack of purple silk, and shook it at you all - "from which you will each select a small model of the thing you are about to face! There are different - er- varieties, you see. And I have to tell you something else too...ah, yes...your task is to collect the golden eggs!"