Chapter Forty-Nine

Start from the beginning

Pan shrugged, "I just presume it's not worth telling"

"Not worth telling" Mara chuckled softly, a little annoyed. She finally looked at him. "You sure about that? Because like what James said, this is the first time that has ever happened for a long time. Will you ever be truly honest? Seems like whatever the reason why it happened is going to scare us all and as if something bad is going to happen sooner or later"

He glanced down as he took a step back, he said nothing at this, not for a moment, he sighed "Because I don't really know why, maybe I do know but I'm not sure if it's true"

"And what's that?"

"Just some stupid prophecy I heard long time ago but I'm still not sure if it's happening, and there could be other explanations why nightmares came tonight"

Prophecy? For now, she didn't want to push him more to tell, as much as she wanted to ask but it could wait until tomorrow or next time when they have a moment alone. Right now, James could still be waiting on the ground. She nodded weakly, "Okay"

"You had a nightmare too" He said, "was it really bad?"

"I'm no stranger to bad dreams," Mara purses her lips, trying not to smile, "Same one I had last time" Strange how seemingly caring Pan was to Mara. She then gave a rub on her eye "I should head back. James is waiting down there, he shouldn't be alone walking back to the caves"

Pan gave a nod. Before Mara left the treehouse, she looked at Pan once more as she took a step closer to him, her hand reached for his cheek, she looked at him like everything is and will be okay, and looked at him like she cared for him because she actually does. She kind of see the vulnerability in him after the nightmare he just had.

She didn't expect that she'd kiss him, her hand still on his cheek, and he kissed back. The kiss was more gentle and true than before. It felt like everything is and will be truly okay, nothing mattered at that moment.

When she pulled away slowly, she didn't look at him but turned around and left the treehouse.

When she was climbing down, she didn't want to look up, she could see James sitting by the bonfire and had the torch ready.

"Alright, let's head back" Mara exhaled sharply.

James nodded, got on his feet then lead the way out of the camp and she followed him.

Mara could ask Pan to take her and James back to the caves instantly but it seemed almost too much to ask especially after him having nightmares and seemed to be in a vulnerable state. Walking all the way back to the caves could tire James and Mara out, she'll maybe go back to sleep once they arrive.

"He say anything?" James asked, the walk had been quiet since they left Pan's camp site, James may have waited until they were far from the camp to question.

"Not much really" She doesn't want to tell him about Pan mentioning the prophecy or even the kiss. It could hurt James for sure, she couldn't help to think that he may know what's going on between Pan and Mara. "Just a little talk and asked if the boys are okay, I told him they are all okay"

What if James knows about the prophecy? He did mention he may knew why nightmares happened and perhaps that's why he wanted to see Pan.

Yet, what if he actually doesn't know?

"The sun should be up in few hours" James informed, as they were near the caves and they were walking up a hill towards the mountain where the caves are. "Best we should get some sleep, in case we wake up early which I assume" Mara was already tired from all the walk.

When they arrive the caves, it was all quiet and dimly as the torches were burning out. The boys had fallen back asleep, she was surprised. Also they were all sleeping in one cave, all them sleeping couple feet from each other.

Mara decided to sleep in the empty cave instead, her cave. As she was already on her blanket, James came in with his own blankets and dragging one long sheet behind him. "There isn't much space to sleep in there" he mumbled, "so you mind? I could just sleep like twenty feet from you"

Mara softly chuckled, "Anywhere is fine, suit yourself" she lay down on her blanket and shifted around to find a comfortable position to sleep.

James had already found himself a spot, he was just across from her, about fifteen feet away. She was just glad that she wasn't going to sleep alone in a big cave. She shifted on her side, facing toward where James was sleeping, he was shifting and tossing and turning before finding himself comfortable. Which was on his side and facing toward where Mara was. It was like they were watching for one another in case something bad happens.

It wasn't long before sleep came and the dream. The dream was dreamless this time.

***

Now I wonder how much chapters left... I'll guess within 15-25 chapters left?

Kinda sad to think that the story is near it's end, I kinda want to finish it before 2018 so... I'm gonna try and update quick as I can

Stay weird and say no to nightmares ^_^