Chapter Seventy One

You Light Up the Sky Like Lightning 71 

"Ay, Kenny!" Justin screamed when we arrived in the airport in Atlanta. 

Kenny smiled big, and lifted Justin up in the air, throwing him over his shoulder. "What up, little man?" he asked Justin. Er, technically Justin's butt, because his head was halfway down Kenny's back. 

Justin laughed and struggled to get down. 

"Kenny, put me down!" Justin screamed, squirming around, trying to get out of his grip.

Kenny ignored him, and looked at me. "So, how are you, Miss Landry?"

I smiled. "I'm good. A little nervous, but good, none the less."

I watched Justin try to escape Kenny's grip, but he was failing at it. Kenny was so big that it'd take sumo wrestlers to bring him down. 

"Wait, why are you nervous?" Kenny asked me. 

Oh, shit. He didn't know! I forgot about that!

"Is it that 'news' you and Justin have to tell Carin, Pattie, and Scooter?" he asked. 

Justin stopped moving on Kenny's shoulder. "How do you know about that?" 

"Because I'm dropping both of you off a the same house," Kenny said. "We all know something's up."

"But isn't that normal?" Justin asked. "I mean, the house thing?"

Kenny considered that, but then didn't say anything. He put Justin down next to me, and looked at the two of us. "Okay, spill."

"In the car," Justin said quickly. "Not in the middle of the airport."

***

*Justin's POV*

"They're waiting for you guys in the family room," Kenny said as he pulled Landry and my suitcases out of the trunk. "Just so you know."

I glanced at Landry, who was silent, so I nodded. 

"Thanks, man," I said. 

Kenny nodded, and said, "No problem. And, good luck. You're going to need it."

I gave him a look, and he laughed. Just because he took it well doesn't mean they will. 

"See you later," Kenny told Landry and me. 

"Later," I replied. 

Kenny got back in the car, and drove off. I turned to Landry. 

She had her arms crossed in front of her chest, and she was looking at the ground. Her hair was falling in her face a little bit, and she stood completely still. 

"Aw, Lan, come here," I said softly. I opened my arms, waiting for her to come to me. 

But she didn't. 

She didn't move. 

I sighed, and moved so that I was standing in front of her. I gently moved the hair that had fallen in her face behind her ears, and saw that her eyes were closed, even though she was looking towards the ground. I put my finger under her chin, and lifted it so she was facing me, even though her eyes were still closed. 

"Hey," I said softly. "It's going to be okay."

She didn't say anything, and she didn't open her eyes either. So, I moved so that my lips were hovering hers, but not touching exactly. I smirked to let her know I was teasing her by not kissing her. She broke into a small smile, and pressed her lips against mine without hesitation.