Trick or Treat (Parent!Lock)

You guys I am terribly sorry about the length you had to wait to get this one and about how short it is.

I really have been so busy- also something new has arisen (read the authors note in the later chapter to find out what).

I'm very sorry about how short it is- but anyway it was recommended by eadrik_shipper as a fluff that I accidentally turned into an au due to lack of ideas.  Anyway here you go- sorry once again!

•••

A pale, full moon hung in a blackened sky, surrounded by a throng of stars and unaccompanied by a single cloud.  Beneath it was a city abuzz with laughter and cheer as children began to race from their homes into the crisp night, clothed in obscure costumes and clutching bags tightly in their hands.

In one particular home, screeches arose and footsteps clomped around.  A few loud yells rose over the others.

"Louise Holmes if you do not get back here now I will eat all of your Halloween candy!" 

Loo Holmes, a young, dark haired girl, stifled back a fit of giggles as she ran from her father, Sherlock Holmes.  He narrowed his eyes as she backed away slowly into a corner and away from the coat in Sherlock's hands. 

"I don't want to wear the coat, daddy," she whined in between small fits of laughter, "it's itchy."

Sherlock rolled his eyes, "well you can't just go around asking for candy without a costume.  That's not how Halloween works!"  Loo let out a small, defiant huff.

"Who's to say that?"  She shrieked as she suddenly burst forward, taking Sherlock by surprise as she shot in between his legs and continued to race around the house.

Sherlock let out a growl and shot after her, the both of them skidding past corners and narrowly dodging table corners as they ran, Loo laughing like a madman and her father shouting low threats after her.

Finally they were back where they had started, Loo backed into a corner with Sherlock closing the space between them rapidly.  He wouldn't make the same mistake again.  The curly-haired father burst forward, snatching up his shrieking and laughing daughter and slinging her over his shoulder, letting out a triumphant battle cry and she squealed and squirmed in his grasp.

A voice calling from the other end of the flat made them both pause, "good gracious you two," the familiar voice of Molly Hooper (turned Molly Holmes) chorused, "what's with the racket-"

She froze as she walked into the living room and laid eyes upon the scene before her.  The pirate coat from Loo's costume had gotten flung over a chair that must have been overturned in all the pandemonium.  Newspapers and magazines were now strewn left and right and in the center of it all stood a triumphant looking Sherlock Holmes with his half-laughing half-shrieking daughter squirming over his shoulder.

Loo Holmes peered up, her two dark braids swinging in front of her face as she guiltily waved hello.  An unimpressed look fell over Molly's face and she slowly shook her head as Sherlock let out a cough and set his daughter down.

"Honestly you two," she said with a small sigh, "how hard is it to get a coat on without making a complete mess?"

"Very," both Loo and Sherlock muttered under their breaths as Molly raised an eyebrow.

"You're gone for two seconds..." Molly said, rolling her eyes as small footsteps made their way up the stairs.

"Where were you anyway, mummy," Loo asked, her dark eyes wide with feigned innocence in response to the annoyed look on her mother's face. 

"Your brother decided to change his costume again, we were at the store," the light haired woman replied.  Sherlock raised an eyebrow, pausing from collecting the papers that had gotten flung about.

"What is he now?"

A guilty smile worked its way on Molly's lips as a perpetually sleepy-looking Benedict Holmes stumbled into the hallway, clad in a tweed, pale brown Inverness cape, a deer stalker hat, and a fake wooden pipe that hung from his lips.

"Well, uh-" Molly began before her son quickly interrupted, snapping out of his bored daze.

"I'm you, daddy!"  Ben Holmes crowed as Sherlock stared at him with his mouth hanging slightly open.  The other Holmes twin nearly doubled over in a fit of laughter as Ben and Sherlock held each other's gazes.

"Of course," Sherlock finally muttered under his breath.  Ben peered up at his father through the wild, light brown mop atop his head, his icy blue eyes wide.

"Do you like it, dad?"  He asked, his bottom lip quivering ever so slightly.

Sherlock Holmes rolled his eyes, scooping up his son and lightly pushing the deer stalker low over Ben's face, "of course I do," he said, giggling. 

Molly picked up Loo, who had grudgingly pulled the heavy pirate coat on, and grinned at Sherlock.  "It's almost 6:30," she said, "we should be off."  Loo and Ben wriggled out of their parents' grasps at the words, quickly grabbing their baskets and standing by the door faster than the Holmes parents could process.

Sherlock grinned at his wife, "I agree.  Those two look like they're about to burst."  Molly laughed as she and Sherlock pulled on their shoes, linking arms with the raven-haired detective before leading the Holmes twins out into the chilly air.

Sherlock kissed Molly on the nose as Ben and Loo ran circles around them, a small smile on his face as he whispered, "trick-or-treat, my love?"

•••

Lol it doesn't even hit a 1000 I hate this whole short thing.