Little Monster (Victorian!Lock) P1

THIS IS MY LONGEST YET I AM SO SORRY I DIDNT WANT TO MAKE IT TWO PARTS IN THE FIRST PLACE, MUCH LESS THREE SO YEAH I AM SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO SCRAP THIS IDEA.

PLEASE READ IT ALL THIS IS ACTUALLY PRETTY DANG AWESOME.  THANKS!

~

Molly Hooper tried to hide the tears that slithered down her cheeks as she felt her horse's muscles move beneath her. She kept her eyes glued to the road ahead, clutching onto the reins tightly as memories ran through her mind.

"You... you did it?"

"Yes."

"You've healed my father?"

"I have."

She'd been so elated. So happy. Her father had been resting when she'd received the news but they had embraced each other tightly when they saw each other after. However, it was not elation they were overcome with when they'd been reunited.

"I don't know how I can thank you. This- this is all the money I have. I hope it is enough."

"I don't want your money."

"You- you don't? Was this for free?"

"No."

"Then what do you want?"

"You."

They'd warned her, oh how they'd warned her. But Molly had been desperate to help her father, who'd fallen drastically ill. None of the other doctors knew what to do, she'd just given up all hope that her father would be well once more. That is... until she'd heard about a miracle worker.

"I'm so sorry, ma'am."

"As am I. Are you sure there's nothing you can do, Doctor?"

"There's nothing I can do... however... no. It's a stupid idea."

"What? What is it?"

"Don't mind me, the humidity must be getting to my head."

"Doctor. Please. I'm willing to do anything. Please just help me save my father."

...

"Alright."

"Thank you!"

"They say there's a man, a miracle worker. He doesn't live near here, it's a bit of a travel. But his work is worth it."

"Thank you, thank you so much!"

"You're welcome..."

"Is something wrong?"

"This man... there are rumors. They say he's not like us. And his work comes with a heavy price."

"I'm willing to pay anything."

"Good luck, Miss Hooper."

And willing she had been. This miracle worker had been hasty to bring Molly's father into treatment. Once she'd thoroughly agreed to pay whatever the cost was, her father and this mysterious medical man were behind the curtain in an instant.

She'd never expected that the price would be anything like what it was. And yet, there Molly was, fighting back hot tears as her horse led her up a grassy hill, tugging her minimal luggage behind it.

However heartbroken she was at this harsh price, Molly knew she didn't regret it. Her father was healed and safe and that was all that mattered. Quickly rubbing away a tear that streaked down her cheek, Molly looked up, seeing the outline of the castle-like home grow in the distance.