Elevator Talks (Teen!Lock - In 'Murca)

She'd never been one for dramatics, the quiet girl who sat in the back.  She liked to watch other people, study their actions, movements.  Imagine what their life was like and the struggles they were going through.  People didn't talk to her so she didn't talk to people.  And that was that. 

So one could only imagine her dread upon discovering she would in fact be temporarily moving to New York City for a once in a lifetime chance at an internship at a prestigious pathology institution (well, as prestigious as pathology could get).  Of course, she was elated, yes, however the bustling streets, rude people, and terrifyingly loud cars haunted the girl in her dreams. 

But she was going to go through it because, who knows, maybe her life would be changed.  Oh little did she know...

Molly Hooper stood in front of a large, tan building lined with multiple windows.  It was nice looking, almost like a hotel, especially with the elaborate revolving doors that welcomed her to the apartment building.  While the building was welcoming enough, Molly couldn't help but feel the nervousness that fluttered in her stomach, sending chills up her spine.  These revolving doors, she knew, would be the revolving doors that would seal her fate. 

Molly took a deep breath, tightening her grip on her suitcase, and headed inside, glancing around nervously at the grand interior of the building.  A woman automatically came up to her, a smile painted on her face.

"Hello!  Welcome to NYC, the Big Apple!  Would you like me to escort you to your room?"  Molly shoved down the dread that rose in her throat like bile and stole a glance behind her at the revolving doors.  There was no going back now.

Molly cleared her throat and shook her head, "uh.  No, thank you.  But could you tell me how to get to this flat?"  She showed the woman the room number and the woman nodded.

"Yes of course!  You're just going to go right down this hall and make a left until you come to the elevator.  Then the signs will lead the way!"  Molly nodded, cautiously eyeing the perpetually cheery woman and made her way down the hall, repeating the woman's instructions in her head.

"Right down the hall.  Make a left.  Elevator."  Sure enough, two silver elevators stood in front of Molly.  She pressed the button signaling "up" and almost instantly the doors slid open.

"Nice," Molly muttered under her breath as she stepped into the elevator.  Just as the doors were closing, however, a voice rang from outside.

"Hold on, hold the elevator!"  Molly blinked in surprise and stuck her hand out.  The elevator doors froze and slid back as a bedraggled-looking boy stepped on with her.

"Thanks," he panted and Molly nodded, eyeing him.  He looked like he had just come from somewhere important, wearing a crumpled, purple dress shirt with the first few buttons undone and a black tie hanging loosely around his neck.  The boy held a dark trenchcoat over his forearm along with a blue scarf.  He had long, dark curls that fell down in front of his forehead and shockingly icy eyes.  Otherwise the boy looked like he had just run a marathon.

The boy met Molly's gaze curiously, his eyes raking over her.  "Pathology major?"  Molly blinked in surprise, her eyebrows shot up.

"How did you-"

"Sherlock Holmes," the boy stuck out his hand, "consulting detective."  Molly took his hand hesitantly, still eyeing him suspiciously.

"Never heard of it."

"That's because I'm the only one in the world," Sherlock tilted his chin up proudly and subconsciously puffed out his chest.  Molly nodded slowly.

"So like a P.I?"  Sherlock scowled, his eyebrows knitting together.

"No," he grumbled, "not like a PI.  Consulting.  Detective.  For when the police are too dumb to solve a crime.  Which is usually most of the time." 

Molly raised an eyebrow, "you're that good?"  Sherlock gave a prompt nod.  Molly tilted her head, "try me."

Sherlock blinked at her in surprise, though soon smirked.  "I know you're not from the city, most likely from the suburbs of Pennsylvania.  You have two living parents but are otherwise an only child.  You went to college at UPenn where you studied to become a pathologist and then was offered an interview in NYC, which is why you're here right now.  You don't like big crowds yet still you're here which leads me to believe you've been offered a good job with good pay.  You also don't find socializing very easy.  You don't have very many friends but are close with the ones you do have and..." he paused, his eyes narrowing at Molly, "you prefer cats over dogs."

Molly stared at him, her mouth slightly agape.  "H-How-"

Sherlock raised up a finger, "don't talk.  It ruins the moment."  She stood blinking at him and Sherlock watched her curiously.  Finally Molly shook her head.

"That was..." Sherlock grimaced, as if preparing for a vile comment, "that was fricking awesome!"  Molly cried, a smile wide on her lips.  Sherlock blinked, temporarily taken aback, though he soon composed himself and gave Molly a small smile. 

"Why thank you.  That's not usually the response I get."

Molly tilted her head at him, the smile still on her face, "what responses do you get?"

"Well I usually get called monster, stalker, asshole, another word I'd rather not say, freak."  Molly's smile quickly disappeared, her eyes suddenly clouding with worry and confusion.

"Freak?  You're not a freak."

Sherlock shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck, "Freddie McCall would beg to differ."  Molly crossed her arms over her chest, narrowing her eyes.

"Well I think that was amazing.  Freddie McCall can go to hell."  Sherlock gave her a small, wry smile.

"I don't mind it.  At least I'm not boring," Molly shrugged and nodded.

"At least."

Suddenly a ding echoed through the elevator.  Molly blinked in surprise, as if she had forgotten where they were.  Sherlock nodded, taking a step foreword.

"This is my stop, see you tomorrow?" 

Molly nodded, a small smile on her lips, "sure tomorrow."

Sherlock nodded, "sweet," just as he stepped off, Sherlock paused a stick his head back through the elevator, "sorry, but I don't think I ever caught your name."

"That's because I never threw at you."  Sherlock blinked and Molly sighed, "it's Molly.  Molly Hooper."  Sherlock smiled and nodded.

"Okay then Molly Hooper.  See you tomorrow," and with that Sherlock was gone.  Molly hardly even noticed she was smiling as she leaned against the back wall, still staring at the elevator doors as they slid closed.  Maybe this experience wouldn't be so bad after all...

~~~
Hullo all my lovelies this ones for Sherlockian892This is a super awesome gal with super awesome stories and a super awesome Sherlock ship (*cough* Sherlolly *cough cough*)  You definitely need to follow her and read her fanfic because it's amazing and wonderful and she's amazing and wonderful ❤️❤️❤️