Party Crashers

So they're all a bit younger in this one, maybe mid-20s, around there?  I don't know, enjoy!

Molly Hooper stood at the back of Mary Morstan's deck, her chin resting in her hand as she leaned on the railing.  Her dark eyes watched the sky where a full moon stood solitary amongst sparse stars that shone down upon the grassy clearing behind Mary's deck, outlined by stretches of forest.  Behind her the party blared on but she'd needed a moment to step away from the loud music and people and take in the cool air.  She sighed, thinking about the next day.  Her fingertips tingled in anticipation and Molly couldn't stop the smile from crawling on her face.

She was about to turn and sit down when a hard voice made Molly jump.

"And what do you think you're doing back here?"  Molly whipped around only to face Mary Morstan, her best friend, completely decked out in bright glow sticks.  She stood with her arms crossed over her chest and an eyebrow raised expectantly.  Molly grinned guilty, tugging at the glow sticks around her neck. 

"I'm taking a breather-"

"You're getting married tomorrow, Molly.  And here you are 'taking a breather'.  You're so strange," Mary retorted with a hiccup.  Molly opened her mouth to speak when Mary suddenly stumbled forward, catching herself on Molly's shoulder.  The brown haired girl raised an eyebrow.

"Are you drunk?"

Mary straightened back up, raising a finger, "not drunk am I.  Yoda am I."

Molly grinned, "oh my god you are so drunk!" 

"I set up this whole bachelorette party," Mary spread her arms out at 'whole', "and you're out here star-gazing.  Join the party, you must!"

Molly rolled her eyes but smiled, "join the party, I will," she said.  Mary clapped her hands giddily, taking Molly's hand and leading her into the plethora of people.

The fairy lights that lined the deck winked at Molly as she joined the group of people.  Sticking close to Mary, Molly looked around wildly. 

"There's so many people," she groaned to her best friend.  Mary snorted, rolling her eyes at Molly.

"Not nearly enough," she shouted over the music, "you should just be lucky I didn't hire a stripper."  Mary then burst out in a fit of giggles as Molly's cheeks began to get red. 

"I'm getting married tomorrow," Molly cried, exasperated.

"You're such a party pooper," Mary teased, however she almost doubled over in another fit of drunken giggles.  Molly rolled her eyes as she held on to her friend to keep Mary from tumbling over.  Party pooper or not, nothing could spoil tomorrow for her, absolutely nothing.  "However," Mary began between giggles, "because there are no strippers, I took the liberty of preparing two giant buckets of water balloons and some water guns for later."

Molly rolled her eyes at her best friend, but smiled at her antics.  Suddenly Mary straightened, her narrowed eyes peering over the high deck. 

"Did you see that?"  She asked.  Molly followed her gaze, squinting into the darkness.  She saw nothing but the vast stretch of darkness that was the forest-outlined clearing behind Mary's house.

"See what?" 

Mary watched the field and Molly rolled her eyes.  "You're so drunk that you're hallucinating.  You are going to be so hungover tomorrow.  You'd better not throw up on your dress."

Mary's eyebrows only furrowed more.  "No," she said slowly, "no I swear I saw something... there!"  Mary pointed frantically into the dark clearing and Molly's gaze flickered over.  That was when she saw it.  A flash of something,  movement in the field.  Her eyes narrowed.