Star Wars AU - Part 2

"No, no.  You're still too tense.  That rock isn't going to do anything with you all locked up," Sherlock stood leaned against a tree, his arms crossed over his chest, watching Molly as she stood with her arms raised towards another rock even bigger than the last one.

"I'm not tense.  I'm focusing," she grumbled, her eyes closed.

"Yeah well obviously that's not doing anything."  Molly groaned and fell back into the grass, putting her hand over her eyes.  Sherlock blinked and walked up to her, standing over Molly.

"And giving up most certainly isn't going to do anything."  Molly sighed, nestling into the soft grass.

"I'm not giving up," she said with a yawn, "I'm taking a break to... replenish my.... skills." 

Sherlock stood, shaking his head, "c'mon.  Get up.  Your nonsense is annoying me."  Molly sighed dramatically but grudgingly stood, facing Sherlock but staring at the rock.

"We both know it's not going to do anything," she said with a frown.  Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"Yeah well that's because you're doing it wrong," he remarked.  Molly sighed and glared at Sherlock.

"Then how do you do it, o' wise and powerful one, competent in all the ways of the Force," she announced, bending down in a deep bow.  Sherlock shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"You are trying to... to force the Force to do your will," Sherlock said, running a hand through his hair as his eyebrows furrowed, "but you have to redirect it, bend it instead of pushing it."  Molly blinked at him, her head tilting as he continued, "the Force is a living thing that flows through each and every one of us, Jedi are just blessed with the skill it takes to direct its energy.  But you can't force it to do things, because it simply won't." 

Molly nodded slowly, "redirect," she muttered. Sherlock nodded with her, jutting his thumb to the rock.

"You got it.  Try again."

She gave him a prompt nod and raised her hands again, this time taking deep, slow breathes and keeping her eyes open.  Her gaze focused on the rock and with each breath she tried to feel the flow of the Force through her body, notice it's bending, always moving flow.  The rock was still.  Molly bit her lip and let out a deep breath, thrusting her hands towards the rock harder. 

"Relax," a voice whispered in her ear and suddenly Molly felt two hands hold her around the waist.  She was about to turn around and promptly punch Sherlock in the face but then she felt it.  Energy radiated off of him, buzzing through her body and tingling at her her fingertips.  Molly let out a sharp gasp.

The rock was shaking violently.

Molly's mouth turned up in a smile but she refused to break concentration.  She moved her raised arms to the side and the rock slowly followed, leaving a torn trail of grass in its wake.  She let out a small laugh before taking a deep breath and slowly raising her arms.  The rock moved with her.  But Molly could feel the strain, feel the weight of the rock weighing down on the Force as if it were weighing down on her arms. 

Suddenly, a sharp voice echoed from behind, "hey!  What are you doing out here?"

The rock thudded to the ground.

~

Ruh roh. Trouble in paradise? There will be one more part and I'm just now realizing I have no clue how to end this. Oh well, we'll do that when we come there 😅