Esrever

GUYS TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SHERLOLLY APPRECIATION WEEK!

THIS IS MY GIFT TO YOU!

Damn I love this ship.

Anyway, this one is just the detective taking the pathologist through the old thought process, but with a twist.  Recommended by megsfry . Enjoy and happy shipping!

••••

Breaking News!
Man found dead in his apartment at 11:07 this morn-

~~

The television flicked off.  A figure sitting cross legged turned toward the smaller figure next to them.

"Would you look at that," they said with a sigh, "looks like I'll have an exciting day, wouldn't you think?"

//

The figure, clad in a long black trench coat, was prepared to step over the yellow police tape when an officer stopped them.

"Ah, sorry, you can't be in-"

"The freak's with me," came a sigh.  The figure turned their head and gave a dip of their head.

"Donovan."

"I'm only letting you in because Lestrade wants to see you," Donovan said with a sigh.  The figure opened their mouth to speak but the officer interrupted them, "don't make me change my mind."  The figure smirked and brushed past Donovan, who watched with narrowed eyes.

They climbed the yellow-taped steps of the apartment until coming to the one with the body.  Lestrade gave a small sigh of relief.

"You're here," he said, "go in, the pathologist already is in there."  The figure raised an eyebrow but nodded, stepping into the room only to find another person in a white lab coat hunched over a face-down body.

"Holmes," the figure in the trench coat acknowledged curtly.  The pathologist inhaled sharply and turned around, the quick motion making his loose curls bounce.  Sherlock Holmes smiled brightly and clutched his clipboard tightly to his chest.

"Hi, Molly," he said brightly to the figure in the trench coat.  Molly Hooper blinked her reply, her cold gaze quickly turning to the body on the floor.

Sherlock hid the disappointment that flashed across his face as Molly crouched to closely examine body.  "What have you got for me, Holmes," she said.

Sherlock cleared his throat, his wide blue eyes peering down at the clipboard, "o-oh.  Right.  This is Finnegan Pike, 37, GSW to the chest.  Based on the stiffness of his jaw I'd put time of death at about 6:45 this morning.  He was on his way to a meeting down in Sutton but never showed.  The landlady found his body here at around 8:00 this morning."

Molly nodded, "have they located his car yet?  It's down on Carshalton Beeches."

Sherlock blinked incredulously, "h-how could you tell?"

Molly pointed at the body's shoes, "when I arrived I saw no car being surrounded by officers and yellow-tape.  Do you see that white on the bottom of his shoes?  They're doing construction on Carshalton Beeches using that same type of concrete.  He must have parked near the site and walked down to this apartment complex, or else how would he have that concrete on his shoes and end up here?"

Sherlock nodded, his eyes wide.  "That's amazing," he whispered under his breath. 

Molly angled her head towards the pathologist but didn't look over, "what was that?"  She asked.