When the World Stops Spinning (Greaser/Teen!Lock)

Yeah so I swear I tried to find Sherlolly Greaser!Lock fanart.  I know it's out there, I know it exists, I've seen it.  But I spent longer than I'd like to admit looking for it so yeah you get that picture ^
But you guys seriously Loo's so pretty it kills me I ship this way too hard.
But uh this was recommended by Darth_Kitty123 so here ya go!  (It's a Greaser!Lock I added some Soc's (preppy kids) go read the Outsiders). And I think ssuckitup disappeared again, guys. Just thought I'd let you know. 🤷🏼‍♀️

~~~

"Why do I have to be there, John?"

"It's a school dance Sherlock, it's going to be fun."

A tall, pale boy shook his head at the smaller, well built boy beside him, his inky hair bouncing. 

"It'll be filled to the brim with Soc's.  You know that.  It's not worth it."

John raised an eyebrow, "the school is neutral territory.  They wouldn't dare start trouble there.  Besides, it's not like we're going to be the only greasers there."

Sherlock eyed the floor warily, his hands in his pockets.  "Still..."

"No, it's decided.  You're going."  John crossed his arms over his chest as he stared at Sherlock, as if waiting for him to oppose.

Instead Sherlock sighed and shook his head in defeat, "fine," he grumbled, "but if anything doesn't go as planned tonight, I'm blaming you."

John grinned, shooting Sherlock a toothy smile, "brilliant."

"Mary, I don't think we should go."

"It's too late, the dress is picked.  You look beautiful."

Molly Hooper, a small, petite girl, stared shyly down at the dress she wore.  It was pretty, with its pale yellow color and white trim.  Her friend, Mary, smirked and crossed her arms over her chest.

Molly sighed, biting her lip.  "People would be mad if they knew I was even talking to you.  I can't even imagine what it would be like if I crashed a greaser party," she whispered quietly under her breath.

Mary waved her hand in the air dismissively, her gum snapping and making Molly jump.  "Yeah yeah greasers and Soc's shouldn't hang out- it's a stupid rule, Molly.  There's going to be other Soc's there too, don't worry.  Besides," Mary grinned at her friend reassuringly, "you would be lost without me."

Molly laughed, feeling her worries melt away, "you're right," she said, "but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop worrying."

"Yeah I know," said Mary, rolling her eyes, "that's why I've stopped worrying about these things."  When Molly raised an eyebrow a grin spread across Mary's face, "because you worry enough for the both of us."

Molly nodded knowingly, "can't argue with that logic."

The gym was surprisingly crowded, people squished in and bumbling about.  Even through the mass, however, a clear line separated the greasers and the Soc's.  Even with it, however, tensions were oddly at a low and everybody swayed comfortably to the music.