Catch

"God, sometimes he's such an imbecile! It's like he doesn't understand simple human concepts, just roams roams around the world oblivious to human emotions. I just don't get how someone can live like that!"

Molly Hooper sipped her tea, sitting cross-legged on her chair as she watch John Watson pace around the room. His arms waved and face scrunched up as he ranted on about his roommate, Sherlock Holmes, who had once again outdone himself in the 'completely idiotic' department some way or another.

John collapsed on the couch opposite of Molly, moaning as he rubbed his temples.

"He's a moron, Molly. Smartest moron I've ever known but a moron nonetheless. Sometimes I think he's hardly even human." At this Molly frowned, taking a small sip of her tea.

"Well he's still human, John. Just needs a little help with other people, that's all." John looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"'A little help' she says. Try a lot, Molly. You should know better than anybody he's hasn't a scrap of human decency."

Molly sunk back in her chair, looking at the wall to her side, "what's that supposed to mean?"

John sighed, running a hand through his hair. "You know what I mean, Molly. He's just not careful. Hardly a human."

Molly's nose scrunched up as she tilted her head, thinking. "Well surely he's got to have something that makes him human," she said. John shook his head.

"There's nothing, Molly. He's a sociopath, even said it himself."

Molly shrugged, "I don't believe it. What about surprise?"

John snorted, falling back on the couch. "Surprise. What are you going to do, leap from the corner and yell 'boo'?"

Molly's eyes narrowed, "let's make a deal. I bet you I can shock Sherlock Holmes. Give me two days time to do it."

John sat up, an eyebrow raised. "How much are you willing to bet?"

"$20?"

A smile crept up John's face as he stood, making his way over to Molly. "$20 it is. Two days you said?"

She nodded, "two."

"Deal." John stuck his hand out to Molly, who shook it with narrowed eyes. John grabbed his coat, making his way to the steps and calling out "good luck" as he left. Molly sat, mulling over the deal she had struck. Two days hardly seemed like a lot, especially when it came to Sherlock Holmes. But for some reason, Molly felt oddly confident that she could shock Sherlock. How hard could it be?

Trial 1 / Day 1

Molly adjusted her phone, crossing her fingers as she pressed against the wall. She could hear Sherlock's footsteps echoing through the halls, getting louder as the detective got closer.

Molly squeezed her eyes shut, leaping out right in front of Sherlock at the last second with a cheery, and quite loud, "hello, Sherlock!"

He didn't even look up from the clipboard he held, instead pausing for half a second, moving to the side, and continuing walking with a mumbled, "hello, Molly."

She stood, her eyes wide as she watched the consulting detective continue on his way. Molly sighed as she quickly stopped the video. Apparently jumping from the corner wasn't going to work.

Trail 2 / Day 1

Molly shivered as she set a giant, furry, fake spider down on the lab table. It scared her and she knew it was fake. Molly grinned proudly, there was no way a good ol' fake spider couldn't make Sherlock jump out of his skin.