Frozen to You

The sun poked through the clouds, making the untouched snow that lay thick on the ground glisten, shining a blinding white. The only sound to be heard was the rumbling of a salt truck in the distance, though otherwise not a sound interrupted the perfect peace of the day. Well, almost perfect.

Two sets footsteps traveled along snow, sometimes intertwining or running or walking. They ran up along the snow-covered street and to the park, the first footprints of the day.

"There. I think we're done."

"Done? Sherlock, he doesn't have a head."

"He doesn't need a head. He looks perfectly fine without a head."

"Well that's a statement I never thought I'd live to hear."

"My fingers are frozen."

"Well imagine the poor snowman without a head. We've only been out here ten minutes."

"Ten minutes too long."

A figure rolled her eyes, instead taking to bending down and beginning to roll a head from the thick snow that lay on the ground. Another figure, this one taller, let out a dramatic sigh and, with their arms spread out, fell back into the snow. The other figure paused to examine him, shaking her head.

"Sherlock, imagine all the poor snow fairies you just killed." The figure in the snow, Sherlock, looked up and grinned.

"Sorry, Molly. That's what that crunch was?" Molly scrunched up her nose.

"You are a fairy murderer. Are you happy now?"

"Well I don't know about me, but I don't think the snow fairies are." Molly rolled her eyes as Sherlock laughed, shuddering.

"Sicko." He sat up, turning to look at her and smirking.

"But I'm a handsome sicko." As Molly once more rolled her eyes, Sherlock turned his back to her, watching the still world that was encased in a thick, white blanket. "Besides," he began, "why would you want to do anything when you can just watch the world. Look at it! Its frozen, still. Nothing moving- hey!"

Sherlock was interrupted when a cold feeling sent a sharp pain through the back of his neck. He reached back and pulled a handful of snow out of the back of his collar.

"Cold, Shakespeare?" A voice rang out. Sherlock whipped around, his eyes narrowed. Molly was nowhere in sight.

"Did you just throw a snowman head at me?" Sherlock called out. There was no response. His gaze raked the snow-covered field. Suddenly he caught a flash of color in the corner of his eye, though it soon disappeared behind the snowman. Sherlock grinned, quietly bending down and packed a snowball together.

He paused, scoping out the scene and preparing to throw the snowball. "Marco."

"Polo- damnit-"

The snowball whizzed above the snowman, skimming it slightly. From behind the snowman Sherlock heard Molly let out a little yip, ducking in the nick of time.

"See, now isn't it better that the snowman didn't have a head?" In response another snowball shot from behind the snowman. Sherlock just managed to duck out of the way.

"Close, but not close enough." Molly snapped another snowball towards him that nicked Sherlock in the shoulder. He muttered a curse under his breath and fired a snowball at the lump of snow they dared to call a snowman. From behind it Sherlock heard Molly snicker. Sherlock narrowed his eyes, though an idea flashed across his mind and a smile creeped up on Sherlock's lips.

He went quiet, letting the tension build in the thick air. Sherlock carefully crept towards the snowman, stepping lightly to quiet the inevitable crunch of the snow. He pressed close to the snowman, snowball in hand, and slowly slid to the right. Molly was looking left, hesitantly peering around from her place behind the snowman.

With a smile, Sherlock let out a battle cry and tackled Molly. She let out a yelp as they fell to the ground, her eyes wide in surprise. Sherlock laughed as he hovered over Molly, who had sunk into the snow.

"Got you," he taunted in a singsong voice, propped over Molly on his elbows. Molly, still with eyes wide in shock, slowly shifted to face him.

"Holy crap you scared me." Sherlock laughed harder and Molly smiled shaking her head. Suddenly Molly went still. When Sherlock met her eyes he found that she her face had turned three shades redder. He blinked in realization at the awkward positioning.

He watched her carefully as she tried to wriggle out from under Sherlock, her face still red. He grinned in amusement and leaned closer into Molly, their nose tips just barely brushing.

"Sherlock get off. People might talk."

"So? It's not like there's anyone here anyway." Molly made to push him off but Sherlock stayed still, still smiling.

"Exactly what I'm worried about," she mumbled, "now get off you big lug-"

Molly was cut off when Sherlock leaned down and kissed her softly, his warmth radiating. When Sherlock pulled back he could see Molly's eyebrows shot up and her eyes wide.

He smirked, "no? Okay I'll get off then." Sherlock began to roll off until he felt the back collar of his coat pulled back.

"Come back here," Molly said with a laugh as Sherlock rolled back over. He kissed her once more, smiling. He pulled back to see Molly shared his grin.

"Your skin is ice cold," Sherlock said, his fingertips brushing her cheek. Molly smirked.

"You know what else is ice cold?"

Sherlock tilted his head, "what?"

Molly's smirk widened and her eyes glistened, "you in a second." Sherlock blinked in surprise as Molly flung snow in his face, laughing loudly and taking off back towards the snowman. He stood frozen for a second before shaking the snow out of his hair and turning towards the snowman, watching Molly through narrowed eyes.

"Oh you're so dead." Molly laughed, poking her head around the snowman and sticking her tongue out. Sherlock smiled and shook his head.

"Try me." Sherlock flung a snowball at Molly, who quickly returned the gesture. Sherlock held up his hands as snowball after snowball came pelting after him.

"Alright alright I surrender, you have a really good arm." Molly laughed and stepped from her shield behind the snowman, tilting her chin up and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Don't you know it. C'mon, I want to get hot chocolate." Molly turned back and began to follow their footsteps out of the park, not even noticing the snowball that flashed at her from behind.

~~~

Hiya everybody! This ones for a good friend of mine ssuckitupShe has these two REALLY REALLY REALLY good fanfics, ones called My Love Disguised and she has another one that's like a Beauty and the Beast AU called, uh, Beauty and the Beast. Huh.

BUT THEY'RE REALLY REALLY AWESOME AND THE AUTHOR IS EVEN MORE AWESOME SO ENJOY READING HER WORKS BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WILL JUST DO IT!