Dancing Flames

Warning, this chapter is a bit mature! It's half recommended by Sherlockian892 half recommend by megsfry . I mean you can still go ahead and read but just know you've been warned! Also it's real short so sorry about that...

~~~

Molly Hooper sat curled up on a chair, her head resting on her hand as her eyes danced across the pages of the book on her lap. She slowly turned the page, smiling and frowning as she read. Molly was alone in the room, all lights turned off except for the roaring fire in the fireplace. She was dressed in a loose shirt and shorts, not particularly suitable for the bitter and rainy weather that pounded on her window pane but comfy nonetheless.

Suddenly, the door flew open downstairs and Sherlock Holmes came marching up the stairs, stripping himself of his jacket the moment he entered the room and shaking his head. Molly raised an eyebrow, confused until she heard the sound of rain falling against the window like stones.

"Got caught in the rain?" Molly asked with a small grin. Sherlock glared at her amusement as he ran his hands through his damp hair.

"Find that funny, do you," he muttered, eyeing Molly's smirk. She closed her book and watched him with her chin resting on her knuckles.

"Extremely," she said with a grin. Sherlock rolled his eyes and dropped onto the couch, tilting his head back and letting his eyes fall shut.

"I've been chasing murders through the pouring rain in the middle of January and what have you been doing, reading?" Sherlock retorted bitterly. Molly rolled her eyes.

"Somebody's pissy," she said with a small grin. When Sherlock didn't answer she commented, "I'm cold," only to have a fuzzy blanket thrown at her face.

Molly giggled at Sherlock's annoyance, "rude," she remarked. Sherlock let out a scoff and lifted his head, watching Molly as she wrapped the blanket around her shoulders and went to sit in front of the fireplace. She watched the dancing flames with wide eyes as they flickered back and forth.

"Did you catch him," she finally asked, breaking their silence. When there was no answer Molly began to turn to look at Sherlock, "Sher-"

He suddenly sat down behind her, wrapping his hands around Molly's waist and pulling her into his lap. Molly chuckled nervously.

"What are you doing?"

"You're so bossy when you provoke me," he whispered in her ear. Molly felt his breath on her neck and shivered, "it's quite the turn-"

"I thought you were pissed at me," Molly interrupted quickly, though her voice had become a whisper. She felt Sherlock chuckle, his breath warm against her skin.

"I could never stay mad at you," he said with a smile, softly kissing the back of Molly's neck, "even when you're being a prick."

Molly opened her mouth to protest but was stopped short when his lips trailed down the crook of her neck. Molly let out a sharp breath, biting back a shiver.

"Y-you're just too easy to tease when you're t-tired," Molly said, lolling her head to the side as Sherlock softly kissed her warm flesh. Sherlock smiled against her skin.

"And this... teasing. You cannot find a better use for it?" Molly stiffened and Sherlock laughed, letting his teeth graze her ear, "I'm only kidding, my dear," he protested though Molly could feel his cool hands slip under her shirt to pull her closer.

"You're acting odd today," Molly mumbled. Her cheeks glowed a pale red, thought it wasn't from the fire, "are you sure you don't have pneumonia or something that's impairing your judgement?"

Sherlock hummed into her skin, tightening his grasp around Molly's stomach. "You are unbelievably beautiful," he whispered. Molly blinked in surprise as his teeth bit lightly at her sensitive skin, flinching slightly.

"Oh my god I think you're going insane," she said with a whimper. Sherlock growled, biting at her flesh once more, this time a bit harder.

"Why won't you let your boyfriend love you," he growled in frustration. Molly raised an eyebrow, opening her mouth to fire back a retort at her strangely acting boyfriend when Sherlock Holmes tugged at her ear with his teeth.

She whipped around, taking Sherlock by surprise as she pushed him to the ground and sat atop of him with her arms crossed. Sherlock, an amused grin upon his face, propped himself up with his elbows, an eyebrow raised.

"Why are you acting so strangely," Molly asked, staring at him with narrowed eyes. Sherlock's smirk widened.

"If you ask me," he began, grabbing Molly's shoulders and rolling to the side. Molly let out a small yelp as he was suddenly on top of her, grinning toothily as he pinned her wrists to the ground, "you are the one acting strangely, Miss Hooper. You've turned me trying to love you into a wrestling match."

Molly bit her lip and tried to pull a wrist out of Sherlock's grasp. Instead he only held on tighter. With a determined huff, Molly let out a sharp laugh and threw her momentum to the side, taking Sherlock by surprise as he fell to the ground. Half-shrieking, half-laughing, Molly scrambled to get away. Sherlock, however, quickly stood up as Molly tried to army crawl away, laughing as he scooped her up and held her bridal style. Molly squirmed in his arms but Sherlock held her tightly to his chest, both giggling like idiots.

"I happen to like wrestling," Molly said between her laughs, causing Sherlock's smile to only widen.

"I'm not complaining," he responded. Molly rolled her eyes, throwing her arms around his neck.

"You were totally complaining!"

"Was not."

"Was too!"

"I wasn't," Sherlock's voice grew softer and his gaze met her eyes, the playfulness beginning to fade as well as the smile that played upon his lips.

"You were," Molly whispered, her grin gone as her eyes strayed to Sherlock's lips. He stumbled slightly to to side, letting Molly's legs drop to around his abdomen as his hands slipped under her waist to support her. Both their of heavy breathing evened out and Molly felt her eyes begin to slowly close. Sherlock leaned closer, his head tilting a bit to the side and lips parting slightly.

Molly let out a sharp breath as their lips met, pressing herself closer to Sherlock. He tilted his chin down, letting his tongue graze the entrance to Molly's mouth as their lips moved to a flowing rhythm. Sherlock pulled back first to catch his breath, both breathing heavily.

Sherlock blinked, his normally frosty eyes wide with a sort of shock. "That was..."

Molly let out a quivery breath, "nice."

Sherlock chuckled softly, shaking his head. "Yeah, nice."

They immersed in a silence, staring at each other as if they were just seeing each other for the very first time. Sherlock looked completely shocked while Molly bit her lip shyly, wrapping her arms tighter around Sherlock's neck. Finally she took a deep breath, look to the side as she opened her mouth to speak.

"Wanna-"

"Yeah." Sherlock said with a grin as he leaned back down.