Dance With Me

I'll start getting to requests at some point, not sure when but sometime soon hopefully.

~~~

"For the last time, Sherlock. No!"

"Come on, Molly Hooper. It's just dinner. Maybe dessert," Sherlock Holmes leaned closer to Molly Hooper, a smirk on his lips, "maybe a movie at my place after."

Molly rolled her eyes, harshly shouldering past Sherlock with a scowl on her face. "No!"

Sherlock groaned as he ran to catch up with Molly, who was dashing through the morgue with loads of paperwork in her arms. "At least let me help you out here!" Molly froze and spun around, an eyebrow raised and annoyance creased on her face.

She smiled sweetly at Sherlock, "fine." His face lit up but soon fell to realization when she dropped the tower of papers into his arms. "Enjoy!"

Muttering under his breath, Sherlock went into the lab where he dropped the paperwork on a table and sighed, pulling the first sheet off the stack. Soon time flew past, the busy day turning to night. Molly stepped from the morgue, peeling off her gloves and sighing. It had been an unusually busy day and the only one staffed had been Molly. But now she had to work overtime to finish all the paperwork.

Wanting more than anything to crawl into bed Molly went into the lab, pulling a pen from her pocket and bracing herself for the massive amount of paperwork she'd soon face. However Molly froze when she entered the lab. Sherlock sat in the chair, his head buried in the crook of his elbow on top of a decent-sized stack of papers.

Molly slowly crept over, an eyebrow raised. She cautiously flipped through the giant stack, only to see that most of it had been completed, minus the signatures, of course. Shock and appreciation coursed through Molly, though it soon disappeared when Sherlock blinked awake.

"Huh? I'm awake! I promise I'm-"

"Sherlock! Did you do all of that paperwork."

Shaking the grogginess out of his head, Sherlock blinked slowly, eyeing Molly expectantly.

"Of course I did. You said I could help." Molly shook her head in disbelief.

"I thought you'd gone home. Thank you for doing this, you really didn't need to." Sherlock stood up suddenly, his chair scraping on the floor.

"Nonsense, the pleasure was all mine," he smirked at Molly, a mischievous look clouding his eyes, "of course, now you must repay me. You know that?"

Molly groaned and spun around, grabbing her coat. "Go home, Sherlock!"

He huffed in annoyance but pursued Molly, "come on! You look so pretty today, I'll go absolutely insane if we just part ways now!"

Molly paused, feeling a shock rake through her body. She quickly regained her composure, however, and kept walking through the halls. "You shouldn't pay people compliments you don't mean."

Sherlock froze, now the shock overtook him. "Don't mean- is that what this is? You don't believe me?" Molly said nothing, wrapping her coat tighter around her. Sherlock growled in annoyance. "Well it's true! Your hair looks really pretty in that braid and your skin seems to glow in the darkness."

Molly felt a rush of anger broil in her blood. She spun around and Sherlock froze, an eyebrow raised. "Stop. You have to stop. Stop getting my hopes up. Stop leading me on. I've had enough of it."

Sherlock felt a bit of his heart break, and he shook his head. "I don't think you understand the capacity of how much I like you. How much I want you. This isn't me being me. This is me needing you."

Molly could feel her eyes getting damp but she quickly willed the tears away with a disdainful sniff. "I don't believe you." She began to walk away and Sherlock grabbed her wrist, spinning her back around.

"Then how do I make you believe me?" Molly tried to pull her wrist away but Sherlock held on tighter, what almost looked like rage burning in his eyes.

"Do I pull you closer?" He took Molly's other hand softly, gently pulling her in closer. Molly felt her face go white but obliged, looking at the floor. "Then I wrap my arms around you, make you feel protected."

Sherlock pulled Molly in, burying his face in her neck as he wrapped his arms around her. Molly was stiff, looking away but not moving. "Then I'll pull back. Look at you like you mean the world to me because you do. You're my everything." Sherlock stepped back, letting his hand fall lightly on the small of her back, his other one still holding hers.

Molly could feel a small tear slither down her face at the hopeless look in Sherlock's eyes, a pleading desperation like he was a puppy that just wanted to be loved.

"Then I'll spin you around, we'll dance to nothing. Nothing at all. Waltz to the music that plays in our own heads." The look vanished and Sherlock gave her a wary smile, a small blush rising on his cheeks as he pulled Molly into some made up waltz, humming music of his own creation.

"Then the concerto draws out their last note. The song has ended. I bring you closer and lean down." Sherlock pulled Molly closer to him. She felt her heart thrum in her chest, impossible to ignore. Sherlock leaned down, his hand on the back of her neck. His lips hovered over hers and Molly could feel her eyes close as she waited. Then Sherlock smirked. He stepped back, pulling out of Molly's grasp. Her eyes opened and she looked at Sherlock in confusion as he raised a finger and stated:

"But then I'll remember the importance of consent and just be on my way."

Sherlock began to turn away but Molly grinned, rolling her eyes. "Come here, you." He laughed as Molly grabbed his wrist, though was immediately silent when she cut him off with a kiss. Sherlock was shocked but immediately kissed her back, pressing into her and letting his hands trail up her back.

"Alright," Molly whispered as she pulled back, her breath shaky, "I'll dance with you."