Tension

Before we start I'd like to give a shoutout to RyanTheShipper4life , just cuz they're awesome and def deserves a shoutout. You should check out her stuff, go ahead, DO IT.
Also, I need to recommend a story of a good friend of mine. The Countdown by megsfry has an awesome idea (plus a Sherlolly chapter!!!) and you need to get over there and check out her story and give her a follow. Alrighty, let's begin...

Molly Hooper picked glumly at her salad, moving around the tomatoes with her fork. Across from her Mary Morstan watched mid-chew with an eyebrow raised.

"Are you going to play with your food rather than eat it," Mary retorted at last, breaking the dull silence they were immersed in.

Molly blinked, looking up. "I- uh. I'm not hungry."

Mary rolled her eyes, "not hungry or not hungry for salad?"

Molly sighed, looking back down at the salad on her plate. "All I want is some chocolate," she muttered, "but the damn vending machine is out." Mary smirked as she looked down at her plate.

"You're too funny," she said with a smile, earning her a glare from Molly. Mary opened her mouth to speak when a figure stepped next to the table.

"Molly," Sherlock Holmes said. She looked at him with a blink, Mary raising an eyebrow and smiling.

"Uh, hello Sherlock." The tall, lithe man gave her a small smile.

"Uh," he started, looking at his feet, "I was wondering if I could take a look at the body- uh, the new body that came in. The one with the... bruises."

Molly blinked, "Ryan Deveni? Yeah. Yeah of course. I was about to start my post-mortem inspection after lunch. But- uh- go ahead."

Sherlock nodded, though stayed lingering at the table. The three delved into a silence. Mary looked between Molly and Sherlock with a small smile on her face.

"Hello, Sherlock," Mary spoke up. He blinked, a bewildered look upon his face.

"Ah, yes. Good afternoon Mary. I- uh- I didn't see you there." He paused, turning to Molly and opening his mouth to speak when he closed it and shook his head. "I'll just go check out that body- that new body." He dipped his head to Molly and Mary and turned around.

As they watched him leave, Mary scoffed. "That was the most sexual tension I have seen in a conversation about dead bodies. Period."

Molly almost choked on her tomato, "I don't know what you're talking about," she sputtered, cheeks turning red. Mary rolled her eyes as Molly continued, "besides," she said with a sniff, "we work together anyway. I don't think I'd be allowed to provide him with body parts if people thought I was only doing it because we were together."

Mary's grin widened, "when are you going to admit you give him the dead bodies because you want to be together," she muttered.

Molly's cheeks reddened even more, "shut up," she groaned, "I just need to start avoiding him more. I don't want to risk falling in too deep with him and anything... happening."

Mary shook her head, "you got that nice piece of eye candy to like you and you obviously like him. Look at this game of blushing and tripping over your words you two are playing! It's hilarious! I don't get why avoiding him would be answering the primal urges within you."

Molly stood up quickly, "you're just being weird. Like, really weird. I have to go finish some paperwork."

Mary giggled and stood up with her, "I'll come with you, I left my gloves in the morgue." Molly eyed her friend warily, but gave up with a sigh and began to the morgue.