Expecto Patronum (Potter!Lock)

Alas, the long awaited POTTER!LOCK!  Haha enjoy!

~~~

"Expecto Patronum," a silvery white light streamed through a dimly lit room, lighting it briefly before retracting back.  A small figure sat in the candle-lit room, a string of curses flying from her mouth as she closed her eyes and raised the wand once more.

"Expecto Patronum," the light spilled out once more, though once again dispersed almost instantly.  The girl sighed, rapping her wand on palm before turning to leave the dark room.

Suddenly the door was shoved open, its heavy material swinging shut when a lithe figure entered the room.  The girl froze, hesitantly hiding herself from the view of the dark figure.

"Hello?"  They called into the dimly lit room, "is anybody in here?"  Upon recognizing the voice the girl stepped out.

"Lumos," she said, shining her light on the figure, "Sherlock? What are you doing in here?"

The blue-robed Sherlock turned around, squinting slightly at the brightness coming from the girls wand.  "Hello, Molly.  I feel I could ask the same of you."

Molly called off the light, letting the candlelight provide enough light.  "I'm practicing spells," she said, holding up her wand, "but don't you have class?"

Sherlock shrugged, "we're doing transfiguration.  Boring.  Besides, the Room of Requirements likes me.  Sometimes I'll just come and ask to see ridiculous things just to see what it shows me." 

Molly rolled her eyes, "what do you ask?"

Sherlock snickered, "once I asked to see my future," Molly cocked an eyebrow, "needless to say it didn't have anything.  But usually I'll ask for something fun, maybe a hiding place if I need one."

"What did you ask for this time?"  Sherlock blinked, staring at Molly and the room, slowly turning around.  His blue Ravenclaw tie hung loosely around his neck and his long robes swept the floor.

He smirked at Molly, tilting his head, "I don't think I'm going to tell you."

Molly huffed, raising an eyebrow, "and why not?"

Sherlock tilted his head back and laughed, a deep, baritone sound.  He swept past Molly, grabbing her wrist and leading her deeper into the room.

"C'mon," he said with a grin, "let's practice your spells."  Molly rolled her eyes but allowed herself to be dragged by Sherlock.  "What spells are you practicing?"

Molly paused, eyeing the Ravenclaw cautiously.  He looked at her with an eyebrow raised and Molly smiled softly.  "The Patronus cast."

Now both of Sherlock's eyebrows were raised, "look at little Miss Hufflepuff," he said jokingly, "already a seventh year at heart."  Molly rolled her eyes. 

"Then can you do it?"  She sneered, sticking her tongue out at the Ravenclaw.  Sherlock grinned at her, taking out his wand.

"I've been able to cast a full patronus since I was ten," he bragged.  Molly rolled her eyes but watched as Sherlock began the swirling motion.

"Expecto Patronum."  Immediately a blast of light lit up the Room of Requirements as an Irish Setter took form, sprinting around the room.  Molly watched with her mouth hanging open as the silver dog twisted itself through Molly's legs, soon dissolving and leaving the two in a dim darkness once more.

"That was..."

Sherlock smirked, "awesome?"  Molly looked at him with eyes full of wonder.

"Now how is it that you can cast a full, corporeal Patronus yet are failing astronomy?"  Sherlock rolled his eyes, smirking, though the grin faded when he saw that Molly was being dead serious.  He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I have my priorities set out," he muttered, looking at the floor.

Molly snickered and drew her wand, "teach me," she said.  Sherlock eyed her warily.

"Really it's easy for me because my happiest memories are limited in number.  For instance I'm not going to use the first time I got high because of what happens after."  Molly rolled her eyes as Sherlock continued, "and my first case was somewhat of a roller coaster so I'm not using that one.  That brings things down considerably."

Molly blinked, "I'm not sure if I should be more worried at the fact that you don't have many happy memories or the fact that you opted for the first time you got high to be one of them."

Sherlock laughed, making his way over to the Hufflepuff.  "Choosing a memory is probably hard for a normal person, but I guess you can try.  What's the memory you've been using?"

Molly tilted her chin up, "when I saw my parents for the first time after my first year at Hogwarts," she explained, "they were so proud of me for getting into Hufflepuff and for making it through the first year.  Not that they really knew what they were talking about, being muggles and such."

Sherlock nodded, "that's a good one but remember you have to immerse yourself in the memory.  Be there.  Taste the air on your tongue, feel the warmth of your parents.  You must be as elated as you were on that day."

Molly nodded slowly, "alright," she said softly, "I'll try, mister photographic memory."  Sherlock grinned and nodded. 

Molly raised her wand, closing her eyes and trying to "immerse" herself in the memory.  It had been beautiful that day, with the sky clear and bright and the breeze warm, only chilly in the slightest.  She took a deep breath and drew the motion with her wand.

"Expecto Patronum," a bright light flooded from her wand, the silver streamers dancing around the room.  Molly kept her eyes closed, sinking herself deeper into the memory.

She was about to release the patronus when she felt two hands gently slide around her waist.  Molly tensed until she heard Sherlock whisper in her ear.

"Open your eyes," he whispered.

Molly slowly opened her eyes to see one more wave of light flood from her wand before fading away.  Molly felt her breath hitch in her throat.

"Did it..."

"It didn't take a corporeal form, no.  But it was pretty dang close.  You're just about there."  Molly nodded, turning to look at Sherlock, she froze, seeing his face an inch from hers.  She felt her breath hitch in her throat and for a moment they just stood there, eyes wandering around each other's faces.

Molly could feel her face flushing.  "Sherlock are you going to-"

She was cut off when suddenly Sherlock leaned closer, wrapping his arms tighter around her waist.  His lips hovered over hers, just the smallest movement and they would meet.  Molly could feel her heart thumping rapidly, threatening to burst out of her chest.

"I asked the Room of Requirements to show me something I could love," Sherlock whispered softly.  He leaned down closer, his lips skimming against Molly's.  She let out a shaky breath when he pulled back, his sharp gaze staring at her with curiosity.

"Try again," he whispered to her, stepping back and leaving the room.  Molly stood frozen, staring at the place he had been.  The places where his skin had brushed hers hummed and tingled like pins and needles.

Hardly know what else to do, Molly raised her wand and took a deep breath, savoring the sharp taste of Sherlock on her lips.

"Expecto Patronum."  Molly let out a quivering sigh as the light shot out of her wand.  She grinned, feeling a giddy laughter rise in her stomach, as she watched the silver otter twirl around her head.