All You Had to Say

7k?!  Goddamn!  Thank you everybody- so so much!  This is my gift to you, a nice and sappy Jealous!Lock recommended by reggiegurl66 !  Once again, thanks you so much and enjoy!

~~~

Molly Hooper waited.  She sat alone in a fancy restaurant in a fancy dress, her chin resting on her hand and fingers lightly tapping the soft white tablecloth of the table.  Molly wished that she could leave, avoid the wandering, judging eyes of strangers but she kept herself glued to her chair.

A few more minutes.

Still, despite Molly reassuring herself her date was just late, she couldn't help but cast frantic glances at the clock mounted to the wall.  She kept bringing herself back to her previous conversation before she had left for this monstrous date.

Molly had changed in the locker rooms at the morgue, her work making her run a bit late.  Sherlock was there too, though he hadn't uttered a single word to Molly besides mumbling to himself.  That is, until she had come back from changing.

"Where are you going?"  Molly looked up from packing her things, her eyebrows raised.

"On a date, Sherlock," she replied, her eyes falling to the floor.  She knew changing before Sherlock had left would be a bad decision.  He scrunched up his nose.

"You?  On a date?  Like, with a man?" 

Annoyance creased Molly's face, "yes, Sherlock.  What else would I be going on a date with?"  Sherlock opened his mouth at Molly's irritated tone but closed it, his eyebrows furrowing.

Molly sighed and shook her head, brushing past Sherlock and tightly clutching her bag to her chest, leaving without saying goodbye. 

"Are you ready to order, ma'am?"  A voice snapped Molly out of her thoughts and she blinked, looking up at the waitress. 

"No, a few minutes though," Molly said, trying to force down the embarrassment that rose in her throat like bile.  The waitress nodded, the pity clear in her eyes and Molly big back a sharp retort.  She sighed as the waitress left, casting a forlorn glance at the exit.

Maybe I should leave, she thought, this obviously isn't turning out as I'd hoped.  Molly leaned down to grab her bag when a hand suddenly tapped her shoulder.

"Uh... Molly?"  The pathologist looked up, blinking in surprise.  Relief spread through her and Molly stood, facing her date.

"Jordan!"

The handsome man smiled weakly, running a hand over his head.  "I am so sorry, Molly.  I forgot to reset my clocks after the storm yesterday and then my car wouldn't start and a bunch of things happened."

Molly returned the smile and hugged Jordan, who she could tell gave a small sigh of relief. 

"Really you're okay.  I'm just glad you're here."  He grinned and pulled out Molly's chair for her, sitting down opposite of her.  The pathologist looked around, seeing the other people in the restaurant staring at Jordan and Molly grinned.

Jordan quickly scanned the menu, his dark eyes flicking around the pages.  He set it down and flashed a charming smile at Molly, apparently completely oblivious to the stares cast his way.

"So," he said, "shall we order some wine?"

/

It was a nice dinner, Molly found herself easily able to forgive Jordan of his lateness.  At the end, despite Molly's insistence, he paid for dinner and the two walked along the quiet London streets.