Can I Have This Dance (14)

Start from the beginning

"Clair it's your turn to clean up," my mum pronounced

"No! Mum its Nicki's," she tried to say politely, even though it came out rude.

"Not anymore, she helped your mum make dinner," my step-dad said smiling at me as I returned the smile.

"Ugh!" she said under her breath as I just put all of the dishes in the sink, less work for her I guess.

She grabbed my arm spinning me back around to face her as I walked past her.

"I have two things to say. One; I now have address that MUM didn't need to pay for, so I AM still going prom and Two; You aren't going with Alex because I'm going to convince him otherwise," she said determined.

Poor her, she just doesn't understand when someone doesn't like her anymore, does she?

"Yeah, whatever," I said uninterested grabbing my arm back before walking back towards me room.

When I got to my room I had a text.

"The sleepover isn't tonight since every1 is goin to diff places tomoz, its tomoz night :)" From Katie

I guess she sent it to everyone and I even forgot about it, which was really bad. I replied to the text saying

"Alright see u tomoz night :)"

I changed into more comfortable sleeping clothes before hopping into bed and letting sleep over come me again.

-------------------------------------------------------Next Morning

I woke up stretching and smelling fresh eggs, bacon, sausages and toast. I guess my mum was making English breakfast. I quickly went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I'm actually not a fan of make-up and I'm sure that my mum realised that I've been wearing it lately. The bruise was faint but if you were close to me, you'd be able to see it clearly. So I quickly put a tiny bit of make-up on it and ran downstairs hoping that there would be enough food left for me.

"Good your up, I put some money in your account so that you didn't have to take your mums," my step-dad said

"Thanks dad," I said sitting down as my mum set my food in front of me.

I ate it steadily and saw my mum looking at me. I gave her a confused look when she sighed, laughing at the same time.

"Have you seen the time?" she asked me

"No," I answered putting my plate in the sink

"It's twelve o'clock," she stated at it took me about two hours to get ready.

"Oh gosh!" I said running upstairs as she just laughed at me

I took a shower, before brushing my teeth again and walking to my room to find something to wear.

I decided to put on a strapless flowing, yet just above my thigh floral dress, with brown gladiators. I used a brown belt to go just under my chest, putting on ear rings and a few bracelets.

Then it was time for my hair, I put it down, giving it a few loose curls before putting some mascara on and some foundation on the bruise. Just as I finished there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" my mum shouted from downstairs

"Thank you!" I shouted back grabbing my bag, making sure that my keys, shop addresses and purse were inside before running down the stairs.

"You ready?" Alex asked smirking at my outfit, I guess approving it.

"Err hello?! I'm up here and yeah I am," I replied as he stared at my legs.