I Join the Argo II Crew

"Hurry, that thing could get here any second!" Jason warned.

I picked up the pace, which I didn't think was possible until I thought of my babysitter following us.

"I thought that you killed it!" I yelled to Percy.

"There is no guarantee that that thing will stay dead for long," Percy informed me. I didn't have time to ponder about what he meant, so I kept running.

It seemed like we were running to no place in particular, I did not want to be chased by that thing for the rest of my life. "Were are we going?" I asked.

"To the giant chicken nugget!" Percy informed me. It must have been some inside joke because Jason smiled at it.

I looked forward and saw what he meant. There was a giant chicken nugget floating above a pasture for horses. This must be what happens when people die, they dream of a giant chicken nugget floating in the air. I thought to myself. We slowed down when we were close to it.

"How are we going to get in there?" I asked.

"I got this," Jason said. Before I could ask what he meant, he hugged me and flew up to the chicken nugget. When I focused on the thing, it turned out to be a boat. Like the boat from Peter Pan that can fly, but cooler and shiny. We landed on the deck. I collapsed from the dizziness that the sudden movement had caused. Jason acted as if nothing happened and walked to the side of the boat and rolled out a rope latter. Percy came up moments later and threw himself onto the deck.

"Who are you guys?" I asked.

"Oh, I am Percy and that is Jason," Percy said.

I stared at them, shocked. "Well it is about time! I have been fighting all of these cheerleaders and babysitters, hoping for the day when you guys would get me out of there!"

The guys looked confused.

"Sorry, I have known about you guys longer than you known about me. I have been having dreams for months about what you do and Camp Half Blood, but I have no idea who I am."

"We'll figure it out," Percy assured me. I smiled up at him.

"Sit over there" Jason ordered as he pointed to a bench that was on the deck. It was near a room that was part of the ship. They took one last look at me and then entered the room. I could hear voices cheering as they entered. I tried to make out the words that were being spoken when I saw a shadow.

"Who are you?"

I turned around and saw Nico. "Sky, you?"

"What are you doing here?" he asked, clearly trying to get to the facts straight, not chit chat.

"Some guys took me here and told me to sit here while they go inside," I said as I up at Nico.

"And you came along without even questioning them?" Nico asked as if he was my father.

"They had swords and proved that they knew how to use them when they killed my evil baby sitter," I said as I looked into his eyes.

Nico nodded. He looked at me up and down, probably trying to figure out what god I was related to. I had some ideas of who might be my father.

I had long chestnut hair that went straight, went all the way to my hips. I had freckles over my nose and cheeks. My eyes were a pale blue like the sky. My name was Sky, so maybe my mom knew about who my dad was. The world may never find out who my dad is.

"Why are you out here when all of the others are in there?" I asked.

Nico stopped thinking about who my godly parent was and said,"To keep an eye out for danger."

"Is it your shift, or are you always on guard?"

"Every so often, my sister will keep an eye out, but I usually take guard," Nico looked at the water surrounding the ship to prove his point. He never turned away from me, probably to keep me in his sight so he can make sure that I don't try to do anything.

"I an guessing that you have a long attention spend, the average person can only guard 20 minutes before they loose their focus." I said in my attempt to start a conversation.

"Where did you here that?" Nico asked.

"On a documentary, it was about why this place has satellite cameras instead of security cameras to guard the gold."

Nico nodded and looked at me in the corner of his eye. I pretended not to notice and looked down at me mood ring. My mood ring said that I was calm... I have got to get a new mood ring because this thing must be broken.

After a few seconds, the door opened. I looked up and saw Jason looking at me. "Come on in," he said as he gestured inside.