"Be more careful dwarf." She growled. "Before your loose tongue blows our cover. We don't want to draw attention to ourselves."

I nodded, accepting Varric's apology as I took a seat at their table.

"Sir." Hawke began, a smile tugging at her lips at Varric's blunder. "This is Justice. The friend I told you about."

"Good to meet you."

"So you're him." He said, nodding in approval.

"And you're him." I retorted causing him to blanch and look away.

"So you know who I am then." He sighed.

"I do."

"Do I have you to thank for making me come here then?" He grumbled.

"No. That was my idea." Hawke answered, making him glance at her sharply.

"If you wanted to get me killed Hawke you could've just put up a wanted sign. I'm sure Sebastian would love to know I'm in his city."

Hawke frowned. "Sebastian doesn't know anything about your connection to Kirkwall's Chantry. If you want to keep it that way, I suggest you stop using his name."

"As if he wouldn't be able to put it together Hawke. He knew how I felt about the Chantry long before he left town."

"And if you hadn't been stupid, the Chantry would still be here. I cannot believe you're still as self-centred as you always were mage." Fenris snapped.

"Self-centred?" Anders spluttered.

"Alright! Enough! Do you want to hear our plan or not Anders?" Hawke hissed, fixing him with an icy glare.

"Yes. Alright. I'm sorry Hawke. I didn't mean..."

Cullen sighed heavily. "As entertaining as all this is, we have more important things to discuss. Shall we get on with it?"

Anders looked up sharply at Cullen's interruption, paling when he recognized the former Templar. He looked from Cullen to Cassandra and back to Hawke, looking for all the world like a caged animal.

"That's right." Cullen nodded. "I know who you are. I don't know why Hawke saved you or how you survived. If I hadn't left the Order, I'd kill you now."

"Cullen." I warned. "We don't have time for this."

Cullen blushed, leaning away from the table and Anders. "I... sorry sir. You're right."

"Besides what's done is done. From what I've heard, this man isn't responsible for what happened in Kirkwall."

"Maybe not entirely responsible." Cullen frowned. "But he shares blame equally."

"In Andraste's name. Would all of you please let this go?" Cassandra huffed.

Grunts and grumbles of agreement rippled through our group, effectively breaking the tension at the table. Once everyone had taken a moment to settle, Hawke laid out her plan.

Nathaniel

Three hours later we had left the city behind and were headed east to Antiva. Our party had split up again since not all of us would be able to cross into Tevinter openly. Hawke and Fenris had gone ahead, able to cover more ground and would meet up with Bull and the rest of them to clear the route ahead.

I didn't like the risks they were taking for me so close to the Imperium border, but I also couldn't refuse their help. Anders hadn't been pleased about being left behind with strangers, but after Hawke spoke to him privately, all his protests ceased and he retreated into a sullen silence.

Once again I found myself riding ahead of everyone else. I didn't care about Anders' involvement with what had happened in Kirkwall. Nor did I care what Cullen thought of the mage. I couldn't get the conversation I'd had with Solas out of my head. Feynriel had warned me Solas might try to make a deal with me over the mark, but I never imagined he'd do it in the Fade.

"Inquisitor?" Said a voice to my right. I looked over to see Cassandra watching me, her eyes filled with concern. "Are you all right? You haven't said much since we left Starkhaven."

"Is it that obvious?" I sighed.

"No. But I'm a Seeker. I'm trained to notice these things. Tell me. What troubles you?"

"I spoke to Solas."

"You... what?" She exclaimed a little too loudly before recovering her composure. "What do you mean you spoke to him?"

"He drew me into the Fade to talk to me. He wanted to make a deal."

"Deal? What deal?"

"He knows I'm looking for him and that I want Dorian back."

"Andraste guide us." She whispered. "So he knows we're coming."

"He knows I'm coming." I corrected. "I don't know if he's aware of the rest of you, but he said he would give me Dorian back if I gave him the mark."

"Gave him the mark? Is that possible?"

"I don't know. But it doesn't matter, I refused."

"Inquisitor..."

"I know Cassandra. The mark is killing me... slowly. But do we really want Solas to have that kind of power?"

"No. I suppose we don't, but if he could remove the mark you would be safe."

"If he can remove the mark, I still don't want him to have it. Besides, if the mark can be removed, he can't be the only one capable of doing that."

"Perhaps. But Solas is a god is he not? Who else would have that ability?"

"I don't know what Solas is other than a very good actor and trickster. Aside from being very old, I don't know if I would call him a god. Do gods need magical artifacts to increase their power?"

Cassandra frowned. "I admit that hadn't occurred to me. But then that begs the question. What is Solas?"

"I wish I knew."

Dorian

His exchange with the woman in the market had frightened him. He didn't want to acknowledge the effect she'd had and hurried back to Alexius' mansion fearful she'd try to talk to him again. It wasn't so much that she knew him, it was that he had no idea who she was even as he was certain he should know her. What was wrong with him? Why couldn't he remember her face?

It was as he was approaching the house when a wave of dizziness slammed into him. He stumbled, falling to his knees, his face drenched in sweat as his vision blurred. The servant he was with turned to him in shock, hurrying to his side.

He could hear the man speaking, but his words were lost as his ability to hear faded. As he tried to focus on what the man was saying, his vision went black and a name flashed through his mind before he lost consciousness.

----xxx----

Maevaris watched in horror as Dorian fell to his knees collapsing on the street a few yards from the front door of Alexius' mansion. The door swung open revealing a bald, elven man who hurried to Dorian's side. Concealing herself behind a hedge, she watched as the two elves picked Dorian up and carried him into the house.

She frowned as the door slammed shut, her earlier concern changing to alarm. The elf who'd emerged from the house did not display any of the behaviours of a servant or slave. He appeared to be in charge. Not only of the other servant who was with Dorian, but of the entire household. He had carried himself with a palpable air of authority that even from this distance was unmistakable.

She didn't like it at all, but given Dorian hadn't known who she was, she didn't think it wise to approach the house demanding answers. She needed to know more before she did anything.

Clucking her tongue in frustration, she hurried away toward the Pavus estate. If she hadn't known Dorian was back, she was certain his father didn't either. And if that was the case, whatever was going on was a lot worse than she'd first thought.