62: Sanctuary

Nathaniel

"Inquisitor?"

I blinked, my vision blurry as I looked around, groaning when I recognized the misty green light of the Fade.

"What?" I grumbled, knowing before I saw him that it was Feynriel.

"I have news Your Worship."

I frowned, turning to face him, his blonde hair falling in his eyes, longer than the last time I'd seen him.

"Don't call me that." I growled. "My name is Nathaniel."

"As you wish." He nodded. "Follow me Nathaniel. We need to talk."

Sighing heavily, I followed him through the Fade, back to the tree we'd spoken in before.

"Well?" I pressed once we'd entered his sanctuary.

"I have spoken with Lord Pavus." He said, watching my reaction.

"What! You have? When?"

"A few days ago. He was here in the Fade. He didn't know where he was or how he'd gotten here."

"Was he all right?" I asked, feeling my pulse race.

Feynriel shook his head. "No. He is forgetting more and more things the longer he stays here."

"Fasta vaas! Is that all you have to tell me?" I fumed, my hands clenching in anger. "More bad news?"

"No. I know you seek him and that Hawke is following the Dread Wolf. She is getting closer but I have learned where Solas is going. They're headed to Qarinus."

"Qarinus? They're going to Dorian's home?"

"If that is where he is from, then yes."

"Do you have any idea why Solas is doing this? Why he needs to be in Tevinter?"

"I'm sorry Nathaniel, but I do not. I have a theory though."

"Great." I sighed. "Tell me your theory."

"I think Fen'Harel wants to destroy the Imperium from the inside out. I think he wants the Magisters out of the way before he attempts to restore the elven empire."

"And to do that he has to be in Tevinter?"

"I don't know Nathaniel. Maybe there's something in the city he needs. Perhaps another artifact or an ancient spell."

"Well whatever he seeks, I'm going to stop him." I declared, heading for the door.

"May Andraste and Mythal guide you and keep you safe."

"Andraste? Really?" I asked, turning to stare at him

"I am half human Inquisitor."

"Right. Of course." I said, stepping out of the tree. "Well thank you Feynriel, this helps."

"I am also seeking to help you personally Inquisitor." He added, following me.

"What do you mean?"

"The mark. You know it is slowly killing you. I'm looking for a way to remove it before that happens."

"Why would you do that?" I asked, surprised.

"Because I suspect the Dread Wolf may try to take it from you. I want you to know there may be another way. Do not allow him to trick you."

"All right. I'll remember what you've said."

"See that you do."

Dorian