31: Fears

Nathaniel

I had begun pacing five minutes ago, to the great irritation of all present. What was taking them so long? Where was Dorian? Why weren't they here yet?

Vivienne's patience with me was wearing thin. She didn't approve of how I was acting and she sniffed at me in disapproval. I was about to snap at her when Bull poked his head in the door and caught my eye. I mumbled an apology and practically flew from the room while Bull entered, closing the door behind him.

Dorian stood less than ten feet away. His hair was still mussed from sleep, his clothing wrinkled and his eyes were still blinking sleep from them. He heard me then, his eyes meeting mine and a jolt of fear lanced through me, catching me off-guard.

"Amatus." He whispered, his voice gentle. "Bull told me what happened to you yesterday. I don't know what you're feeling, but you must fight it."

I was rooted to the spot. I had been beside myself, anxious to see him, yet now I couldn't seem to make myself move.

"What's wrong with me?"

"You know you were be-spelled?"

I nodded.

"Then you have to come to me amatus. It's the final step to breaking it's hold on you."

I nodded and fixed my gaze on his beautiful, smokey eyes. I held them in my mind and took a step, then another. As I drew closer, the fear I'd felt diminished and by the third step it had vanished completely.

A wave of relief washed over me and I closed the distance between us in seconds, my hands going to cup his face as I pressed my lips to his. Desperate for his touch, I pushed his back into the wall behind him, crushing him to me. His desire matched my own, his breath coming in short gasps as our tongues warred with each other. I wanted to devour him, make him mine and never let him go. I could feel his need match mine as his hands went around my waist to pull me closer.

Breathless, I broke off our kiss to stare into his eyes. "Oh, my heart." I whispered. "I've missed you so much."

"Amatus." He whispered back, his eyes filled with longing. "I thought you were angry with me."

"I wasn't angry Dorian."

"I know amatus." He said, loosening his hold on me. "We were be-spelled, you and I."

I nodded, remembering my earlier outrage and my eyes clouded with anger.

"What emotion did they make you feel amatus?"

"Fear and grief." I said. "And you?"

"Anger and jealousy."

I frowned. "Anger I understand, but jealousy? Of who? Or what?"

He blushed. "Iron Bull."

"Iron Bull?" I repeated. "Really? Why?"

"Because he propositioned nearly everyone here and he's a very formidable figure."

I wrinkled my nose at him. "I suppose that's true, but I assure you I do not find him attractive in any way."

Dorian laughed. "I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure. So many here have ridden the Bull, I was beginning to think it had become something of a Skyhold rite of passage."

"Dorian, my heart. You have nothing to fear. I have never and will never share my bed or my body with him. Only you, always you."

Dorian's eyes grew damp, his voice filled with emotion. "Amatus... the things you say..."

I smiled and kissed him again, gently this time. The feel of his soft, yielding lips beneath mine drew a growl from my throat and I pressed myself to him again.