6: Gereon Alexius

Dorian

Waiting for the Herald to make a move and for Alexius to send his invitation to the Inquisition was driving him mad. He was also growing tired of hiding in Redcliff like a common thief. He didn't understand what was taking Alexius so long. Never mind the fact he couldn't get the Herald out of his mind for long.

His deep voice, firm rogue physique and those eyes... he could get lost in those green eyes. Maker's breath he was doing it again. Fantasizing about a man whose name he didn't even know. Making up daydreams about things that would never happen while torturing himself with his on-going fantasy of having someone love him. It was stupid. Especially since he knew nothing about the man. For all he knew the Herald could be married, or worse, promised to some noblewoman back wherever it was he hailed from.

After two days he'd had enough. Packing what little belongings he had, he arranged for transport and set out for Haven. Besides, he wanted to see this breach for himself and if the Herald wouldn't come to him, he would go there. Thoughts of the man refused to abate, his curiosity so strong he just had to know what kind of man the Herald was. At least this way, he'd be in the right place when Alexius sent his invitation. He just hoped he would arrive in time to help.

Herald of Andraste

Back in Haven, my advisors were still undecided on how to handle the situation in Redcliff. Frustrated, I headed back out to follow up on the strange red notes we'd found hidden on the streets of Val Royeaux.

At the location marked on the map, with Varric, Cassandra and Vivienne following, we were ambushed. After we dealt with them, a lone man appeared, confused by my involvement. As we approached him, a young, blonde elven girl armed with a bow stepped out of the shadows.

"Just say what." She said.

"What?" He said and she let fly an arrow into his head.

"Stupid piss-ant noble shite." She spat, turning to me. "You heard me right? I warned him."

Even though I was surprised by her actions, I agreed she had warned him - though it had been in a deliberately confusing way.

She introduced herself as Sera, saying she was part of a group calling themselves Red Jenny. I couldn't follow much of what she said other than the mention of some people not having breeches. It was then the courtyard filled with more armed men, not wearing pants.

Everything clicked and I grumbled, "Why didn't you take their weapons?"

She only laughed and said, "No breeches!"

Once it was over, she again attempted to explain her purpose, which I again failed to grasp entirely, but agreed she could join us if that was what she wanted. She was overjoyed by this and in a squeal of excitement she left, calling over her shoulder she would meet us back in Haven.

"What in Andraste's name was that?" Varric wondered.

"I don't know. If I figure it out, I'll let you know Varric."

"Are you certain this is wise?" Cassandra asked.

"Really, my dear." Vivienne echoed. "The Inquisition should not be involving themselves in pointless pranks and childish behaviour."

"We'll see." I told her. "I was tasked with finding allies and this one isn't as questionable as some of the others who've joined our cause."

"He has a point ladies." Varric agreed.

"Truly." Cassandra murmured.

"That as may be Herald." Vivienne continued. "But the Inquisition has a reputation and an image to maintain. I do hope you know what you're doing."