Chapter Thirty-Nine

It took almost all day for Mara to find the place she was looking for, the place where she and Pan only knew of, if that's true. Since talking to James, after he left her in the meadow, she stood there for long moments until she decided to not go back to the camp just yet and went to find the place instead. She winded up in the shores of Cannibal Cove, then walked on the shores until she found the place.

She hadn't forgot about the name of the place she came up with. Moonsea. It also felt strange to think about it.

If James doesn't want to talk to her anymore, how will she able to cope with that? With him and her sharing the same tent and they're merely few feet apart from each other when they're sleeping. It would be awkward and strange, she'd want to talk to him if she keeps seeing him every morning and night or if she's only a feet from him.

It was mid evening, the sun was ready to set, the was filled with evening colors and bit of clouds. Mara was sitting on the beach, legs crossed, hands holding each other and she gazed at the ocean. Ahead was turning dark purple and blue, slowly turning night as the sun was on the horizon. It was setting at the other side of the Neverland, where she was was all shaded and in shadows, cold and breezy.

"Thought I'd find you here!" Pan's voice rang from the forest behind her. "Noticed you weren't at the camp and you weren't coming back"

He drew close and closer to her, she never looked back to see him and kept her gaze on the waters.

"You shouldn't wander around alone" he stood beside her. "You're still learning"

"I can take care of myself around here now" Mara assured.

"You don't seem to be in a cheerful mood" Pan sat down, "I thought this free day would brighten you as the boys"

Not James for sure, she thought. She wanted to avoid the thought of James. "Free day, huh? And yet, here you are, finding me and still watching over me in case I get myself killed. Certainly doesn't feel like it's free day" she joked.

It did made Pan chuckle. "Don't be all sulky again" he teased.

Mara smiled and said nothing. There was a small silence between the two, nothing but the waves crashing onto the shores and the winds blowing the trees behind them.

"You don't prefer go for a swim at the falls, be with your friends or train with James today?"

The falls was occupied, her friends were at the camp with James, he doesn't want to train her anymore just because she kissed him. She couldn't tell Pan about James because she assumed he wouldn't want anyone to know. Perhaps he was truly ashamed, she thought. "I prefer to be alone for today" she said, not truly honest, "haven't had this kind of moment for a while"

"Should I leave you alone then?" Pan questioned.

She had to admit, she didn't want him to leave. He was the only one around, she lost James, she still had Curly, Slightly and Tootles... and Pan too. "I don't mind you sticking around" she replied.

He did stuck beside her and didn't leave her alone, which she was glad for. Trying to avoid the silence and the thought of James, she wondered about something, still curious of Pan.

"How did you even find this place anyway?" She asked.

There wasn't a quick answer from him. "Just happened to... wind up here"

She wasn't sure if he was being honest. "It wasn't planned?" She glanced at him.

He merely shrugged, "You can say that" his eyes met her's.

"So..." she paused, "...who you were before you came to Neverland?"

Pan gazed at the ocean, laughed softly, "Have you already forgotten that I said I wouldn't share my past to anyone? Even if I trust you?"