Wings // Ch.24

Wings by Birdy
= = = = =
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
2ND POV
8/30/17
= = = = =
"They made me think of you."
= = = = =

You watched as the Bots said their painful and saddening goodbyes to the friends they had gotten so attached to. The humans that had been so kind and helpful during their stay on this beautiful planet. You walked behind Optimus towards the opened space bridge, nervously rubbing on your arm. You went ahead of him, staring into the swirling green portal while the Prime said farewell to Ratchet.

You felt a servo on your shoulder, only to find Optimus Prime urging you forwards with a smile. You returned the smile. You looked back at Ultra Magnus, who smiled at you as well, before taking a few steps alongside you into the bridge. The next thing you knew, you were finding yourself on the metal ground of Cybertron.

The Autobots were your family now.

And, with their determination, you were all finally home.
= = = = =

"We have endured bitter hardships and countless battles, but at long last, our home planet has been restored. We would not be standing on Cybertronian soil were it not for the efforts of both those assembled here, and our absent comrades." Optimus announced, standing tall with each word meaning everything to his teammates. "Ratchet, who stays on Earth, to safeguard our human friends, and Cliffjumper, who made the ultimate sacrifice." Arcee looked at the ground in sadness at the mention of her former partner, who was always optimistic and ready for action.

"But on this day, at the dawn of a new era, we gather to bestow a special honor, one earned by Bumblebee, through the bravery and devotion to the cause of peace, long before he rid the universe of the scourge of the Decepticon warmonger. And I can confidently say the same for our newest addition, Y/D." You smiled happily and put your optics on Bee, who was kneeling in front of the Prime. His optics gazed over the statue of Megatron that stood far behind you.

"In the company of your fellow Autobots, in the presence of our creator, Primus, the living core of our planet, and the authority invested in me by the Mateix of Leadership, Bumblebee, arise a warrior." Bee stood up with an excited expression that you couldn't deny was absolutely adorable. You and everyone us walked up to congratulate the yellow and black camaro on his promotion.

"Let's get this party started!" Wheeljack cheered, pressing a button to activate his explosives. The statue of your sire went out with a boom as the the blasts sent the stone into tiny pieces. You watched as it blew up and pieces landed on the ground, only to crumble into smaller pieces. Your smile faltered, but you quickly put it back on.

"Welcome to the club, Bee! Warrior today, and who knows, Prime tomorrow?" Smokescreen laughed, hitting his friend on the shoulder.

"Slow down, Smokey." Bumblebee said with a chuckle. "I'm not sure I'd wish a Prime's responsibility on anyone."

"I am sorry to interrupt your celebration." Optimus apologized.

"Here it comes," Arcee sighs.

"Primes never party." Bulkhead recites.

"But I must take my leave of you." Ultra Magnus walked up to him as that was said.

"Sir, may I ask why?" The lieutenant questioned his leader.

"Though Cybertron is once again able to support life, our planet is currently incapable of generating new ones. Not until I retrieve the wellspring from which all life on Cybertron is born, and ultimately returns: the AllSpark." Optimus' deep voice got the message across clear enough.

"You mean, it's not here?" Smokescreen asked, confused. Honestly, you had thought it was here as well, but it was stupid now that you thought about.

"Not has it been, Smokescreen, not for thousands of years. As the war for Cybertron reached a tipping point, and the Decepticon army appeared to be unstoppable, I opted to safeguard the AllSpark from Megatron by covertly sending it to a distant sector of the galaxy. The Matrix of Leadership will enable me to guide us to its present location." The Prime explained, placing a servo on his chassis.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's take the warship and bring it back!" You spoke up excitedly. Optimus shook his helm slowly.

"These remain dangerous times, Y/D, we cannot leave Cybertron unsecured. Not with Starscream and Shockwave unaccounted for." He told you. It was reasonable enough.

"Not to mention our stray Predacon." Magnus added.

"Ultra Magnus, you will supervise patrols to find and capture the fugitive Decepticons." Optimus Prime commanded his SIC.

"I would be honored, sir."

"Bulkhead," your leader turned to the green Wrecker, "you will lead the reconstruction effort. Begin by building a landing field for returning refugees. Wheeljack, I will require your extensive experience navigating deep space."

"When do we leave?" Wheeljack asked with a smirk.
= = = = =

"Woohoo! Just like old times, right Mags?" You laughed, spinning in the sky above the truck.

"It is nice to have some alone time with you again." Ultra Magnus replied. You flew ahead a little bit.

"Somebody might wanna think about renaming the Sea of Rust, amirite? 'Cause it's so shiny now? I never would've thought I'd miss this place." You commented, joking around.

"Stay focused, Y/D." The lieutenant commanded. You groaned loudly.

"But Magnus, what about our one on one time?" You teased, giggling maniacally. He grunted, doing his best to keep himself from overheating.

"We have to keep in mind that refugees will be coming in from light years away. Cybertron will repopulate with time, and we are on patrol, not a date." You snickered at this. Welcome to Teasing Ultra Mags 101!

   "So when would you like to go on a date?" You asked him casually. The mech stayed silent and made sure the sound of his cooling fans didn't reach your audio receptors.

   "Y/D." He groaned. You giggled again. Suddenly, his radar beeped. "Movement. Two contacts at 0.84. Approach with caution." You transformed by the ground and followed Magnus with your blasters out.

   I just wanna be by your side . . .