Open Your Eyes // Ch.5

Open Your Eyes by Bea Miller
= = = = =
CHAPTER FIVE
2ND POV
8/19/17
= = = = =
"We can fight the dark, this is who we are!"
= = = = =

   "Because the ship is currently unoccupied by any Autobots, it seems they did stumble across our mining operation here." You concluded as the platform descended from the ship. Starscream let out a hearty chuckle.

   "No worries! My Predacon is no doubt dismantling the interlopers as we speak." The mech announced with his servos clasped behind his back. You looked at him with a poker-face.

   "Your Predacon? Yeah, I don't think so." You scoffed, waving a servo in the air to exaggerate your point. The SIC rolled his optics at your behavior, disregarding your statement.

   "It was a challenge, but I managed to tame the savage beast. Taught it to heed my every command." The armored seeker bragged. You let his lies go in one audio receptor and right out the other.

   "C'mon, c'mon!" A human girl whisper-yelled urgently, biting her lip in anticipation. She needed the two of you to leave right away so she could send a distress call to base. You noticed the girl and locked optics with her.

   Thinking she was already revealed, the Japanese teen was about to scream in fear, but you put a digit to your dermas. You wouldn't reveal her location and put her short life in danger, not when she had so many people that actually cared about her. Miko—you remembered her name was—got the memo and stayed silent, the sudden realization that you wouldn't harm her reaching her thoughts.

   "You're not wearing the Armor to protect yourself from it?" One of the troopers behind you and the seeker asked. You held back a giggle, wanting desperately to high-five that soldier immediately. Starscream turned around to face them.

    "From my beloved pet? Of course not. In fact, it's getting rather warm in here." He lied once again, letting the false words slip easily from his intake. The second-in-command deactivated the Apex Armor and placed it onto a boulder that stood to the right of him. "Ah, ventilation." Miko pushed herself flat against the boulder she was hiding behind, doing her best to stay quiet as she eavesdropped on the conversation.
= = = = =

   A large explosion went off, shaking the ground and surprising you and the Screamer. You and him turned around and quickly walked forward to see the location of the blast clearer. Your gaze kept careful track of the human as she sprinted briskly to Ultra Magnus' ship.

   "Ooh, that'll do some damage." The winged mech commented beside you. You placed a hand on your hip.

   "Yeah, no kidding." He rolled his optics at you before turning around. Your shoulder-plates shot up and your own shining optics widened as you remembered the girl you had hid from him just seconds ago: Miko.

   "Miko, is it?" Starscream asked without a care. The human female gasped at the sight of him. Just a little farther and she would have made it! You knew she had gotten herself into some deep scrap.

   "Oh, I'm sorry. Were you trying to reach this ship? To call for help, perhaps?" He questioned her mockingly, backing up a few steps. You stood your ground, right behind her, acting as if the deed you had done never happened. He pressed a button to make the platform ascend. With a determination look on her face, the Asian girl made an astounding run and jump for it. She even managed to evade the SIC's attempt to attack her with his claws with a flip. Miko made it onto the platform, but the smirk on the mech's face did not cease.

   He tried to attack her with his razor-sharp digits once again, but the Japanese teenager jumped and managed to seize the Apex Armor. You and Starscream gasped as the Armor consumed the human nod covered her body until her head popped up behind the clear screen of the helm. You were mesmerized, but swiftly snapped out of your trance.

   "What's the matter, 'Cons? Can't pick on someone your own size?" Miko taunted you two. You backed up a little more, figuring your fellow seeker could handle this one. The roars of a certain metallic dragon reached your audio receptors. You all looked up to see a Predacon bone hit the helm of the Armor before hitting the ground and rolling to your pedes.

   "Ooh! It fetches!" You clapped with unrealistic enthusiasm. The beast roared out loud again, giving the girl only a few seconds head start to run off before it forced her to slam into the ground.
= = = = =

   You watched fearfully as the human continued to get beaten up by the Predacon. As much as you wanted it to stop, you weren't just about to betray the Decepticons for this. You knew too well the how Autobots wouldn't accept you.

   "Go ahead, make a wreck of her, as you no doubt did the Wreckers." Screamer cheered the beast on. You frowned at him, but you didn't allow your feelings to show.

   "Starscream! Status report." Your sire called the head seeker on his comm link. He turned away from the metal dragon to speak with his lord.

   "Master, we have secured the bone, and the Predacon is dealing with the Autobots' pet human as we speak. On my command, of corse." The second-in-command answered the warmonger proudly. Screams and shrieks from the girl getting a pounding filled th background.

   "I will not lose a precious commodity to your arrogance. Have the beast return with my prize, immediately! And if my femmeling comes home harmed, I will have your spark!" Megatron shouted into Starscream's comm. "You and her may stay behind and finish the Autobots."

"Yes master," the other seeker replied reluctantly, and then added, "assuming I can coerce the brainless brute to-aah!" He was interrupted by the Predacon flying over to him, taking the bone, and zooming away with it's large wings.

"You never obey my commands!" Starscream complains. You turned around to shout orders to your subordinate troopers.

"You heard him! We need to locate the Autobots!"

"As soon as I return what belongs to me." Screamer interrupted, strolling over to the seemingly unconscious human. You bit your derma in worry. Was she okay? "Tsk tsk tsk. Even the strongest of armor can't protect the weakest of creatures." The girl sprung up and grabbed him by the neck cables.

"It protected you, didn't it?" And thus, the fight began. The second-in-command was swung around like a rag doll and slammed into one of the troopers. The other soldier started to shoot at the Japanese girl, but with the Apex Armor, non of the blasts affected her. Miko didn't bother trying to scrap you; you did attempt to help her after all. It wasn't until the coward of a mech called for a tactical retreat that she waved bye-bye to you.

Though it appeared to be a mocking gesture, you most definitely knew it was not. Humans didn't seem so bad after all! You just had to, as they would say . . .

. . . Open your eyes!