You // Ch.16

You by Breaking Benjamin
= = = = =
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
2ND POV
8/26/17
= = = = =
   "Promise me you'll try to leave it all behind."
= = = = =

"They kept you off duty? Sorry dude." You sympathized for Ultra Magnus over the comm link. While you did that, you were busy tinkering on that little device that could turn you invisible. Bolts and wires and other small doohickeys littered your berth. Some had fallen onto the floor as you shifted around to lay down.

"It was rather disappointing, but, I am not exactly a medic." The Autobot lieutenant replied sadly. He was currently laying on his own berth, just staring at the ceiling. The berthroom was dim, and empty. All that was in it was him, the berth, and a desk with data pads and small hologram modules cluttering it.

"Yeah, you'd be kinda sucky at that, like no offense! But really." You told him, making sure to emphasize your point. The mech on the line sighed and rolled his optics at your behavior like Starscream had done so many times before.

"None taken."

"Whatever mech, don't you have any hobbies? You know, stuff that doesn't require you to order other Bots around?" You ask curiously. You looked around for your screwdriver and modified-laser-knife-thing, as well as a few bolts and went back to work.

" . . . No." Magnus finally answered. You let out a huff.

"Is that why you called me? Or do you just like hearing the sound of my melodious voice?" You teased mischievously. You couldn't see it, but the commander had frozen for a brief, few seconds. "Are you suuuuuuure?"

"Don't you have your medic to bother? Or maybe the Predacon?" He knew they were your only friends, and he especially knew which one was hopelessly in love with you. You laughed, failing to conceal your amusement.

"Nope! I'm busy doing my own work. So are they."

"Ultra Magnus!" Ratchet called abruptly over the mech's comm. You stayed completely silent.

"Yes, doctor?" Optimus' second-in-command said cautiously.

"Come down to the bridge. We have a Decepticon captive."

"Will do." Your Autobot pal replied. You let out a sigh of relief as the old medic logged off of the comm.

"Later, then." You said.

"Of course."
= = = = =

"With Laserbeak unable to triangulate Soundwave's current location, are you not concerned about what our comrade might spill?" Starscream inquired. Soundwave seemed to have gotten himself into some trouble, ending his mission by being captured by the enemy. You and your sire had your backstruts to the male seeker. Shockwave stood to the right of the complaining SIC. You scoffed. As if Soundwave of all people was the type to give information to the enemy!

"Of one thing, we're quite certain." You told him sassily. You knew the silent mech could take care of himself, no matter how much you might worry. Besides, Ultra Magnus wouldn't hurt him, or else you might just tear him into shreds.

"Soundwave knows when to impart information, and when to withhold it." Megatron finished for you, sending a threatening, knowing glare back at him.
= = = = =

"Princess Y/D, Lord Megatron, I have located the one item on this world which possesses enough raw tonnage to power the reconstructed Omega Lock, a particle collider's synchrotron." The scientist reported from his computer station. His screen showed scans and a picture of Antarctica or something.

"Excellent, Shockwave!" The warlord praised his engineer.

"However, the successful completion of the Synthetic Energon formula is proving to be far more difficult than anticipated." The cyclops breaks the bad news to you and your sire. Starscream crossed his arms, with a snarky grin stretching across his faceplates.

"Knockout got this stuff from the Autobot medic, Ratchet, right?" You asked, tapping your chin with a digit.

"That is my understanding." Shockwave answered, looking from Megatron to you.

"Than the most efficient means to an end," the warmonger concluded, "may very well be to recruit that medic."

"Attempting to abduct the one Autobot who rarely leaves their base—A base we have yet to locate—may prove to be a challenge." Starscream spoke up, making some rather good points. A rare thing for mechs like him.

"You're forgetting something, Screamy! We currently possess an agent inside the Autobot base." You reminded the seeker cheekily.

"Laserbeak could reconnect with Soundwave, and upload his directive to him." Shockwave suggested.

"Which would still require knowing the location to their base." The Decepticon commander said.

"It is my understanding that Soundwave kept surveillance records of more than just the human children." Shockwave said. You knew what he was leading onto, but that didn't mean you had to like it.

And this could mean only one thing: you needed to contact Ultra Magnus!
= = = = =

You ran into your berthroom, your door slamming closed behind you. You panted and got up from your tired, hunched position. Here, nobody would be able to hear your call! Or so you thought . . .

"Hello, Princess." A voice hisses into your right audio receptor. You jumped in fright at the sudden appearance of none other than Starscream.

"Starscream! What do you want?" You growled at the other seeker. At this rate, you would never be able to stop Ratchet's capture! "Also, why are you even in my berthroom?!" He laughed in amusement.

"Oh dear Y/D, I'm sorry. Were you going to call your good ole pal, Ultra Magnus?" Screamer asked you. Your optics widened in surprise. How did he know?

"Its not that hard to get a hold of Knockout's diary pad." He explained. Wait a minute, KO has a diary? Totally knew it. Also, dammit Knockout!

"Well? What do you want?" You demanded of the SIC as you backed up towards your berth. He crept towards you as sinisterly as the super-soldiers gone wrong.

"I won't tell! Of course, not without something in return, but it seems you already knew that." The second-in-command explained, ending the statement with a hearty chuckle. "I'll just need a little relief from time to time." That's when your body fell onto the berth, and you knew what would become of you.

The only way out is to never let your guard die . . .