chapter thirty six

Ethan and Nina left the mall together, and both drove to Ethan's apartment. They had made plans to hang out tonight. Nina parked on the road while Ethan parked in his usual spot in the parking garage. They met up in the lobby, and took the elevator up to Ethan's apartment room.

Once they reached Ethan's floor, they walked down the hall to his room. Ethan unlocked the door, and led the way inside.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Nina asked as she headed into the living room.

"Whatever you want." Ethan replied. He went into his room to set down Maddi's gift, and get changed. He brought out a pair of sweatpants to Nina, and offered them to her. Nina went into the bathroom to get changed. The sweatpants were big on her, but they were comfier than her work clothes.

Ethan started making some popcorn as Nina scrolled through netflix. She decided on mean girls, a classic chick flick. Ethan came into the room just as the opening credits started. He groaned loudly once he saw what movie it was.

"This is my sister's favourite movie." He stated as he set the bowl of popcorn down and sat down on the couch beside Nina. They got comfortable, and Ethan wrapped an arm around Nina's shoulders as she cuddled closer to him. There was a blanket on the back of the couch that Ethan pulled down, and draped over their legs.

Nina reached for the bowl of popcorn, and set it on her lap. A comfortable silence fell over her and Ethan as they watched the movie, and ate the popcorn.

Mean girls ended, and Nina put another movie on. Ethan and Nina didn't really pay attention to it though, as they started talking.

Ethan finally brought himself to ask Nina if she'd move in with him, and she agreed. Ethan would help her move in on the weekend, which was in two days. Both of them could get boxes from work for all of Nina's belongings.

Ethan was satisfied with the answer Nina had given him, and was happy with the way his life was right now. He kissed the top of Nina's head before turning his attention to the movie. It had already been on for about an hour, and both Ethan and Nina started falling asleep. Ethan saw Nina's head falling forward as she struggled to stay awake, so he moved the empty bowl of popcorn onto the table.

____________

This story only has three more chapters wtffff