chapter thirteen

Two days had gone by, and Ethan hadn't spoken to Nina since they went out for dinner. The man was currently on his stomach in his soft sheets, covered by a feathery white duvet. His eyes fluttered open, and he lifted his head up.

Ethan squinted his eyes as he looked out his window as the bright saturday sky. He rolled over onto his back with a few sighs and grunts, and put his hands on his face. He rubbed his tired eyes before pulling the blankets off his body, and getting out of bed.

Ethan lazily trudged through his room, staring down at the floor. He made a mental note to do some laundry today as he stepped over a pair of black sweatpants. He made his way to the bathroom, and tried to make himself look a little less like a corpse. Ethan brushed his teeth, and took a hot shower.

While the warm water ran down his body, he got an idea for what he was going to do today. Ethan shut the water off and quickly dried himself off. He went back into his room and got dressed into light khaki pants and a dark blue button up shirt. Ethan fixed his hair and slipped on a pair of black vans before leaving his room.

Ethan grabbed a granola bar out of one of his kitchen cupboards, then grabbed his phone, wallet, and keys. Ethan left his apartment. He locked the door behind him before shoving his keys into his pocket and walking down the hall towards the elevators.

An elevator took Ethan down to the parking garage, where his motorcycle was waiting patiently for him. He took his helmet out of the trunk and hopped on. It was a short drive to where Ethan was going, and he was soon pulling up infront of an apartmenf building.

Ethan cut the engine on his bike and got off. He walked up the steps of the building, and went inside. There was someone sitting beside a counter in the lobby, and Ethan walked up to them.

"Hey, is there anyway you can buzz down uh, Nina Gonzales?" Ethan asked the man. He looked up at Ethan, a very annoyed look on his face.

"Does she know you?" The man asked.

"Yeah, I'm her b-" Ethan stopped himself. "I'm her friend."

The man nodded, and picked up his phone. It was silent for a moment as Ethan drummed his fingertips on the counter. Finally, the guy spoke.

"Miss Gonzales, a friend is here to see you." The man was quiet again for a second again before saying, "I don't know, he didn't tell me." and, "okay, thanks."

He hung up the phone and looked back up at Ethan. "She'll be down in a moment." He said. Ethan thanked the man before walking away from the counter. He leaned against one of the walls, until he heard an elevator ding.

Out walked Nina, a shocked expression on her face. "Ethan, what are you doing here?" She asked, rushing over to the man.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to...hang out, or something?" Ethan asked nervously.

"Don't you have work today?"

"No, it's saturday." Ethan chuckled softly.

"Oh, right. Then sure, we can hang out or something." Nina replied with a small smile. Ethan held out his hand, and nina took it. The pair walked out of the apartment lobby together, with Ethan holding the door open for Nina.

"What did you have in mind?" Nina asked as Ethan handed her a motorcycle helmet.

Ethan went to put his own on as he said, "maybe the movies, unless you have any ideas in that beautiful head of yours." He replied. Nina grinned widely as she gently hit Ethan in the abdomen.

"What the-" Nina mumbled. Her hand stung a bit from the hit "Are you made of steel or something?" She asked.

"No, but my pull up bar is." Ethan winked as he got onto his motorcycle. "Now come on, let's go."

Nina got onto the back of the motorcycle, something that was now all too familiar for the young girl. She held onto Ethan's shoulders as his bike started moving.

____________

I feel like this book is slowly going down hill but I kinda like this chapter. Imagine Ethan when he wakes up dAMn

 Imagine Ethan when he wakes up dAMn