chapter twenty two

Nina and Ethan had been at the mall for a couple hours now, ever since Nina's shift ended. The mall was going to close soon, so they decided to leave.

They both had done a bit of shopping. Nina helped Ethan pick out some clothes to give to Grayson's children, and Ethan had boughten himself some new clothes for New York. The air was starting to get cooler in Los Angeles, so he couldn't imagine what the weather was like in New York.

Ethan and Nina held hands as they left the large building. They walked over to their own cars, and agreed to meet at Ethan's apartment. Ethan waited until he saw Nina's car leave the parking lot before getting on his bike and following her out.

A few minutes later, Ethan pulled up in front of his apartment building. Nina was already there, and got out of her car.

"So why'd you wanna meet here?" She asked as Ethan pulled his helmet off.

"I wanted to know if you'd go for a walk with me. The night time is my favourite time of day.

"I'd love to go for a walk with you." Nina replied. Ethan smiled widely as he put his helmet in his trunk, on top of his shopping bags.

"Let's go then." Ethan said, and walked over to Nina. They both started walking down the sidewalk, hand in hand. They walked past Nina's apartment building, and the bar. It wasn't too late, so a lot of people were still out in their cars and walking aimlessly around.

Los Angeles was never quiet, and that's what Ethan liked about the city. It was always busy, and one thing Ethan hates is sitting around, doing nothing productive.

Grayson was similar, living in the city that never sleeps. His dream has always been to move to New York to pursue his career and hobbies, which are teaching and photography.

It seemed as though Nina and Ethan talked the night away, until eventually they got back to their vehicles. It was already eleven thirty, and goodnights were shared before Nina drove to her own apartment. Ethan drove his motorcycle into the parking garage before heading up to his apartment room for the night.