chapter twenty four

It took Ethan and Nina about half an hour to arrive at the airport. They grabbed their suitcases and rushed inside. Ethan led the way over to the front counter to purchase two tickets.

"I need two tickets to New York, please." Ethan said to the woman behind the desk. She had blonde hair tied back in a tight bun, black glasses, and was wearing a navy blue skirt suit.

"The next flight is at two a.m., sir." She replied after typing something into her computer.

Ethan groaned softly as he checked the time on his phone. It was only eight p.m.

"Alright, just a minute please." ethan said as he quickly texted Grayson. He replied almost instantly, saying his wife wasn't too far along. The doctors said it'd be a while until she gave birth. Ethan told Nina this before turning back to the woman.

"Alright, we'll take them." He said. The lady did a few more things on her computer, until two plane tickets were set onto the counter. Ethan paid, and grabbed the tickets. He thanked the lady before walking away, with Nina close behind him.

"Ethan, are you alright?" She asked. Ethan sighed heavily as they found two empty seats, and sat down.

"Yeah, I just haven't seen my brother in ten years, and I'm tired of missing important events in his life." Ethan explained.

Nina nodded. "I understand." She said softly. A comfortable silence fell over the pair as Ethan put the plane tickets in a safe place.

"We have a few hours to kill, wanna go get something to eat?" Ethan asked.

Nina chuckled softly. "Ethan, we just ate pizza." She pointed out.

"True, so wanna just go get a coffee?"

"Alright." Nina stood up, and started leading Ethan through the airport. They came to a small coffee shop, and got in line.

After Ethan and Nina got their drinks, they went back to the large waiting room. Their previous seats were taken, but there was a lot that were still empty.

Ethan and Nina took a seat, and sipped on their drinks as they looked around the airport. There was people rushing around, and some were sleeping. Others sat by themselves, occupied by their phones.

Nina got bored of people watching, and pulled her laptop out of her suitcase. She connected to the airport wifi before going onto Netflix, and starting a movie. Ethan scooted closer to her, and rested his head on her shoulder as the movie began playing. The Disney castle appeared on the screen, and the intro to 'Tangled' began.

"This is one of my favourite Disney movies." Nina stated as she rummaged around in her backpack for a pair of headphones. She plugged them into the laptop, and handed an earbud to Ethan.

___

Movie after movie went by, until finally, Ethan and Nina's flight was being called. It was 2:15 in the morning, and somehow the pair managed to stay awake. They both felt extremely tired though as Nina packed up her belongings, and stood up.

Ethan and Nina lazily walked over to their terminal, and went through security. They put their suitcases on the large black conveyor belt, and handed their boarding passes to the flight attendant outside the plane entrance.

As they found their seats, a loud voice came over the announcement system. It ordered all passengers to stay awake until the plane was in the air, and Ethan groaned loudly.

"I just wanna sleep." He mumbled. Nina chuckled as she rested her head on Ethan's shoulder. She started gently tapping him in the face, trying to keep him awake.

The plane took off, with many hands gripping the seats, and ears popping like balloons. Finally, Ethan and Nina were above the clouds, and just as quickly were both fast asleep.

 Finally, Ethan and Nina were above the clouds, and just as quickly were both fast asleep