chapter thirty one

The Dolans and Nina were all done getting ready, and left for the restaurant. Ethan hadn't talked much to his parents, and they took their own car to the restaurant, as Grayson's didn't have enough room.

Grayson pulled into the restaurant parking lot, and found a spot. Everyone started getting out just as Sean and Lisa' car pulled up beside them.

Ethan helped Maddi out of the car, while Grayson got Thomas. Ethan held Maddi's small hand as they walked inside. His parents walked behind, and Cameron walked beside him. They talked a bit as they headed inside. Ethan liked how normal it was to talk to his sister, even if he hasn't seen her in years.

Everyone went inside, and a waitress led them over to a big enough table. The family started sitting down, Maddi and Nina both beside Ethan. Grayson sat across from his brother, with Thomas' car seat beside him. Lisa wanted to sit beside her grandson, and Sean sat at the end of the table, beside Maddi. Sasha sat beside Grayson.

"So, Ethan, what's going on in your life?" Lisa asked, with a warm smile. Ethan knew his mother wasn't trying to put him on the spot or anything of that sort.

     "Well, you already know about nina." Ethan smiled as he glanced over at his girlfriend. She took his hand under the table, and gave it a tight squeeze. "I also am working for a very successful business owner, and recently got a raise." Ethan finished.

     Lisa smiled the whole time her son was talking. "That's all wonderful. You seem really happy. And Nina, again, it's very nice to meet you."

     Nina smiled. "Nice to meet you too, Misses Dolan."

     A waiter came by to take everyone's orders, and the night was spent talking, laughing, and eating. Ethan was comfortable around his parents, and he felt as if they were proud of him for once. In fact, he was proud of himself. He had sobered up, and got back in touch with his family. Right now, he couldn't be more happy. He had everyone he needed at his side.

____________

This book makes me so emotional. It pains me to say that it'll be done soon.

 It pains me to say that it'll be done soon