chapter thirty two

The next day, Ethan and Nina had to wake up early to catch their flight back to Los Angeles. Ethan's family was awake to say goodbye, because no one knew when they'd all get to see each other again.

     Ethan was currently packing up all his stuff while Nina was in the shower. Grayson was in the kitchen, making breakfast. Sasha was dealing with her two young children.

     Nina left the bathroom and came into the guest bedroom. She was already dressed, her damp hair draping over her shoulders.

     "Is someone cooking?" She asked, not knowing that everyone else was awake.

     "Yeah, it's Grayson. He's making breakfast for us before we leave." Ethan replied.

     "Oh, I can smell it from up here." Nina simply said before putting her suitcase on her bed, and packing up all her stuff.

     Ethan and Nina finished packing, before going downstairs. They brought their suitcases to the front door and went into the kitchen. Grayson was just about done breakfast as he started putting pancakes on a large serving plate, along with some bacon. Cameron was cutting up some fresh fruit, while Sean and Lisa sat out in the backyard with their coffees.

     "Good morning, Nina." Grayson said as he turned around. He had already said good morning to Ethan.

"Good morning." Nina smiled. She went over to make herself a coffee as Grayson brought the breakfast out to the kitchen table. Cameron finished with the fruit, and Ethan went to get some plates out of the cupboard. Everyone worked together to get breakfast ready, before Sasha came downstairs with Maddi and Thomas, and Grayson went outside to tell his parents breakfast was ready.

Everyone ate their food without much discussion, mainly because they were all so tired. It was early in the morning, but they had all decided to wake up to say goodbye to Ethan and Nina.

Breakfast was over, and Lisa offered to do the clean up. Grayson helped out a bit while everyone else went to sit in the living room. Ethan checked the time on his phone, realizing how late it was.

"Shoot, Nina. We gotta get going." He said, not bothering to sit down on a couch. Nina checked her phone before getting up.

Ethan went into the kitchen to say goodbye to his brother. He was busy drying dishes, but set them down as Ethan started talking.

"Thank you so much for the hospitality, Gray. Nina and I have to catch a flight back home though." He explained. Grayson walked the short distance over to his brother and pulled him in for a hug.

"You're welcome anytime. I hope you know that." Grayson mumbled.

"I do now." Ethan replied as he gently hit his brother's back. They both pulled away and smiled.

"I'll see you soon." Ethan said. He left the kitchen, with Grayson and Lisa following behind him. Ethan and Nina went to put their shoes on, and grabbed their suitcases. Hugs were shared with the family, and Grayson offered to drive them to the airport. Ethan loaded the suitcases into the car as everyone stood on the driveway.

"Good to see you, Mom and Dad." Ethan said as he hugged his parents. He then hugged Cameron, who didn't really want to let go.

Ethan also said goodbye to Maddi, and told her he'd be back soon.

Grayson, Ethan, and Nina all got into the car, and started driving away. Ethan waved out the window until the house was no longer in view.

The car ride was silent, except for Grayson's radio playing. No one talked, the brothers just mouthed along to the songs like the good old days. Ethan remembered when they turned seventeen, and had just boughten their own car. They blasted music so loud that the speakers broke within the first month, but it was the time of their lives.

Grayson pulled up at the airport, and everyone got out of the car. He helped Nina with her suitcase, while Ethan took his own. They all walked inside together, and over to the right gate.

More hugs were shared between Ethan and Grayson, neither one wanted to say goodbye. But they both had lives they had to get back to. Ethan had a job, and Grayson had a new baby.

Ethan walked backwards onto the plane, waving at his brother the whole time. Grayson waved back before Ethan and Nina were on the plane, and Grayson could no longer see them. He stood in the same spot until the flight attendant shut the large door, since Ethan and Nina were the last passengers to board.

Grayson left the airport, already missing his brother. He missed the times when they were inseparable, and the times that if one was going somewhere, the other went with them. But times change. People grow up, and drift apart. Grayson knew though that no matter how many years go by, Ethan would always be his twin brother, and his best friend.

 Grayson knew though that no matter how many years go by, Ethan would always be his twin brother, and his best friend