chapter nine

The next day, Ethan was late for work. He had slept in and was cursing himself the whole drive there. He pulled into a parking spot an hour late, and rushed inside.

     "I'm here! I'm here!" Ethan states frantically to the secretary behind the white desk before rushing over to the elevator and heading up to his floor.

"Tony! I'm here, sorry I'm late." Ethan said as he walked past his boss' office.

"It's alright, Ethan. Come in here and meet my daughter. She brought me lunch." Tony said from inside his office. Ethan walked backwards and grabbed onto the doorframe of the office as he looked inside.

He saw the back of a girl's head. She had long dark hair, and was wearing a black pencil skirt. The girl turned around, and Ethan saw that it was Nina.

Both their eyes went wide as they looked each other up and down. Tony didn't seem to notice as he was busy doing something on his computer.

"Ethan, this is Nina. Nina, this is Ethan. He works with the finances of this whole business." Tony said as he turned in his spinny chair. He had a proud grin on his face as he rested his hands on the table.

"N-nice to meet you." Ethan said awkwardly as he went to shake Nina's hand.

"Yeah, you too." Nina replied as she took his hand.

"You guys don't know each other, do you?" Tony asked with a slight chuckle.

Ethan quickly shook his head. "No, not at all." He replied.

"No, he just looks really familiar." Nina said quietly. A smirk fell on her face as she stuck her hip out slightly and checked Ethan out once more.

He awkwardly rubbed his neck. "Sir, I have a lot to do today. Is it alright if I..." He said, trying not to sound too rude. He just didn't want to be stuck in this awkward situation anymore.

"Yeah, go ahead. Nina was just heading home too, right hun?"

"Yes, dad." She said. she rolled her eyes playfully at Ethan. "It was nice meeting you." Nina said as she strutted out of the office. Ethan visibly swallowed and flashed his boss a crooked smile.

"Get to work, Dolan." Tony chuckled before turning in his chair and going back to whatever it is he was doing on his computer. Ethan nodded before rushing to his office and flopping down in his own chair.

____________

Lmao some of you guessed this would happen, and honestly it was so fun to write