chapter seventeen

A couple days went by, and everything was normal. Nina was still on the hunt for a job, Grayson had called a couple times, and things weren't too busy at work for Ethan.

In fact, he had just gotten home from a pretty slow day at the office. Ethan made his way up to his apartment room, and went inside. He kicked his shoes off, and went into the kitchen in search of something to eat.

Ethan made himself a sandwich, and went into his living room. He set his plate down on the coffee table before flopping down on the couch.

Just as he went to turn the TV on, Ethan's phone buzzed. He struggled for a moment to pull it out of his pants pocket, but successfully got it out.

He had a text from Nina, who's number he had gotten a few days ago. Neither of them thought to ask for the other's number, since they never had to text each other. Ethan had finally asked though, and they had been texting ever since.

Ethan unlocked his phone, and went to read Nina's message. His eyes went wide at the text he saw on his screen. Nina was inviting him over for dinner with her father. Ethan sent her a panicked message back, claiming her father was his boss. She was overly calm with the situation, and wanted Tony to meet Ethan as his daughter's boyfriend, and not his employee.

Ethan sighed heavily as he let his head fall back on the couch. He turned the TV on, not wanting to worry about the dinner yet.

___

It was now six thirty, and Ethan decided to start getting ready. He took a long shower, thinking about how this night could possibly play out. Nina's dad could either be very happy, or be very mad, and potentially fire Ethan from his job.

Ethan eventually got out of the shower, the whole bathroom now steamed up. Moisture clung to the walls, and the mirror was foggy. The man left his bathroom and went into his room to get dressed.

He wasn't sure what to wear, since he had to dress in nice clothes for work. Ethan wasn't worried about impressing Mister Gonzales, he was worried about his reaction to him dating his daughter.

Finally, after debating on many different outfits, Ethan settled for a pair of blue jeans, and a black button up shirt. He put on a pair of black dressy shoes before heading back into his bathroom. Ethan fixed his hair, brushed his teeth, and did the rest of his daily routine while getting ready.

Ethan walked to his front door, leaving a trail of a very musky smelling cologne behind him. He's worn it in front of both Nina and Tony before, and they both seemed to like it.

After grabbing everything he needed, Ethan left his apartment.

____________

How do you think Nina's dad is gonna react??? Tbh even idk yet