chapter eight

The line was silent for a moment as the brothers tried to process what was going on.

"Ethan?" Grayson finally repeated.

"Y-yeah, it's me." Ethan chuckled nervously. Grayson had been his best friend for most of his life, but right now he had no idea what to say to him.

"Well, how are you?" Grayson asked.

"I'm...good. Yeah, I'm good. Life is good. I actually got a raise recently at my job." Ethan told him.

"That's really good. Uh, my wife is pregnant again. I was gonna call but I didn't have your number."

"Oh yeah, you have a daughter right?"

"Yeah. She's gonna be three next month. You...you can come to her party if you want. I'll text you my address."

Ethan grinned widely. "That sounds good. And, Grayson?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding. I should've been there, as your friend but also your brother."

The line was silent once again before Grayson softly cleared his throat. "It's okay, Ethan. But for now on I want you a part of my life. These past years, I don't even know how long it's been, have been the hardest of my life."

"Ten...ten years. But yeah, I promise. I'll come to your daughter's birthday, I'll come for your other babies birth. I wanna be apart of your life too, Grayson."

"Good." Grayson replied. Ethan started to hear crying in the background, and alot of rustling. "I gotta go, Ethan. Baby Dolan is awake. Thank you for calling, can I call you tomorrow?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah, that's fine. Go be a superdad." Ethan replied.

"Thanks, Ethan. I love you buddy." Grayson said before the line went dead.

"I love you too." Ethan said softly as he brought the phone down from his ear. He knew he'd get a text from him sometime in the morning, and shoved his phone into his pocket as he walked to his motorcycle. He put his phone in the trunk, and put his helmet on his head.

Ethan drove home from the bar. He was completely sober, but felt as high as the clouds. He never stopped smiling even as he made his way up to his apartment room.

____________

Superdad and Baby Dolan I'm crying