chapter three

Ethan walked into the bar, and dropped his coat onto one of the many hooks on the coat rack. He smiled widely as he walked up to the bar counter, and took a seat right beside the girl with long brown hair that flowed nicely down her back.

"Hey, Nina." Ethan said as turned his body so he was fully facing the girl.

"Hey, you're in a good mood." She grinned, and also turned to face him.

"That's because my boss gave me a raise today." He told her, and caught the glass that the bartender had slid across the counter for him. All the employees here knew what he ordered.

"I think we should drink to that." Nina raised her glass, waiting for Ethan to also raise his. They clinked glasses, and both took a sip. Nina watched as Ethan swallowed the cold liquid, his throat bobbing up and down ever so slightly.

     "So, how was your day?" Ethan asked, setting his glass down.

     "Eh, it was a day. Nothing special happened, if that's what you're asking." Nina replied before bringing her glass back to her lips.

     "Do you have...school?" Ethan awkwardly asked.

     Nina shook her head as she swallowed her drink and set her glass down.

     "Nope, I only went to college for two years once I was done high school, and I don't have a job yet because my dad...well, he always wants to make sure his baby girl has everything she needs." Nina chuckled shortly as she swirled her drink around in it's glass. She stared down at the floor, an annoyed look on her face.

     "So he's one of those people?" Ethan asked, a small grin on his face.

     "One that believes he can just buy me a bunch of things and stay on my good side? That's exactly who he is." Nina shook her head lightly as she looked up at Ethan.

     "I'm sorry." Ethan said softly as he put his hand on Nina's knee. She looked down at his hand, and he slowly pulled it away.

     "It's okay." Nina mumbled, reaching out to grab Ethan's hand. He put it back on her Nina, and she put her own hand on top of his.

     "Wanna get out of here?" Ethan asked.

     "Wh-where do you wanna go?"

     "Just for a ride." Ethan smiled widely. Nina nodded her head and stood up. She dug around in her purse for her wallet, and paid for the two drinks. She then watched as ethan put his glass to his lips, letting one ice cube fall into his mouth. He sucked on the cold substance as him and Nina walked to the door, where Ethan grabbed his jacket then pushed the door open. He held it open for nina, and let it shut once she was outside.

     "I have an extra helmet you can wear." Ethan explained as he opened the trunk of his motorcycle, and pulled out two helmets. He set one down on the seat of his bike, and put the other one on Nina's head. She tucked her brown hair behind her ears as ethan did up the buckle, then put his own helmet on. Ethan pulled his coat on and shut the trunk before climbing onto his motorcycle. He pushed back the kickstand with the heel of his foot, and stood the bike up properly, waiting for Nina to get on.

     "You aren't scared, are you?" Ethan asked, noticing a nervous look etched onto Nina's face.

     "N-no." She managed to say, and visibly gulped. Nina swung one leg over the back seat of the motorcycle and grabbed Ethan's shoulders as she climbed on. She put her feet on the two pegs sticking out from each side of the bike, and wrapped her arms tightly around Ethan's waist as he revved up the motorcycle, and started driving.

     The streets were pretty much empty, so Nina wasn't too worried about getting into an accident. She was more worried about falling off, but loosened her grip on ethan's body. She realized her hands had found their way under his jacket, and had his shirt balled up in her tight fists. Nina was grateful that ethan couldn't see how red her cheeks were from embarrassment as she pulled her hands out from under the leather.

     They had pulled up to a red light, and Ethan set his feet down onto the pavement of the road.

     "You okay?" He yelled, turning his head so Nina could hear him better.

     "Yeah!" She yelled back in response. Ethan revved his motorcycle as the light turned green, and they started moving again.

     The motorcycle had gone over a bump, and Nina grabbed onto Ethan's waist, out of fear that she'd fly off the back. Ethan turned his head slightly, and Nina saw a large grin on his face. She released her grip, and moved her hands to his shoulders.

     Ethan came to a stop, right outside Nina's apartment building. He cut the engine of the bike, leaving the two in almost complete silence.

     "I thought I'd drive you home." He said as Nina climbed off the back. Ethan put the kickstand down, and got off his bike. He undid his helmet, and went to help Nina with hers. Ethan put the extra helmet back in the trunk, and pulled his own off his head, setting it down on the seat.

     "Thanks for that, Ethan. It was actually kinda fun." Nina smiled.

     "Yeah, no problem. You looked tense...I thought it'd help loosen you up a bit."

     "It did. I'm sorry for any marks I may have left on you, I was pretty scared at first." Nina chuckled nervously as Ethan shook his head.

     "Don't worry about me." He said, smiling.

     "Okay. Well, goodnight." Nina turned to start walking up the steps of her apartment building, but turned back around to face Ethan. She ran the couple steps that were between them, and wrapped her arms around his neck as she pulled him down, and pressed her lips to his.

     Ethan's eyes went wide, but was quick to kiss Nina back. His hands gently held her waist, until she pulled away.

     "Thank you, again." Nina said softly before letting go of Ethan, and running up the steps of her building. She went inside without looking behind her.

     Ethan put his helmet back on, and got onto his motorcycle. He drove home, a smile on his face the whole time.

____________

Tbh I love how this story is playing out so far and I hope you guys like it too

Warning it may have a huge plot twist soon...I'm just waiting for the right time to write it lol

I'm just waiting for the right time to write it lol