chapter thirty

It was later in the afternoon when there was a knock on the door. Sasha and Grayson were upstairs dealing with Thomas, so Ethan went to open the door.

     His parents were on the other side, both with equally confused looks on their faces.

     "Ethan, what are you doing here?" The man asked. Before Ethan had a chance to reply, a woman a few years older than him pushed past the parents. She engulfed Ethan in a hug, and he slightly lost his balance but quickly regained it.

     "It's good to see you." She mumbled into the man's tshirt. Even though she was Ethan and Grayson's older sister, she was still shorter than both of them.

"Hey, Cam." Ethan mumbled back. Cameron pulled away from her brother and smiled at him before stepping out of the way. An awkward silence fell over Ethan and his parents, while Grayson came down the stairs.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for coming." Grayson said as he gave his parents and sister quick hugs. "Eth, wanna help me with their bags?" Grayson asked. Ethan nodded as he bent down to pick up Cameron's suitcase and backpack. He didn't bother looking at his parents, scared of what their facial expressions would be.

     Grayson grabbed their suitcases, and started leading Ethan upstairs.

     "You guys can make yourselves comfortable in the living room." Grayson said to Sean and Lisa Dolan as he walked up the stairs.

     As Ethan was putting Cameron's stuff in one of the guest bedrooms, Nina came into the room.

     "I'm guessing your parents are here?" She asked, walking up behind Ethan. He turned around, and pulled Nina in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest.

     "Yeah, they're here. I've got a bad feeling this isn't gonna be a fun visit." Ethan chuckled nervously.

     "Don't worry, Grayson and I will help you." Nina whispered. Ethan kissed the top of her head as he smiled.

     "I know you guys will." He replied.

     "Ethan, I think mom and dad wanna go out for—oh, I'm sorry." grayson said as he walked in front of the door, then quickly moved back so he couldn't see into the room.

     "It's fine, Grayson. You can come in." Ethan chuckled as Nina pulled away, and Grayson walked in front of the doorway.

     "We're gonna go out for dinner, so get ready." Grayson said before heading back downstairs.

" Grayson said before heading back downstairs