chapter twenty one

Ethan arrived at the mall, and walked into american eagle. He saw Nina at the counter, being trained how to work the computers and cash registers. He started browsing around, patiently waiting for Nina's shift to be over.

     She hadn't noticed his arrival yet as Etyan grabbed a random tester bottle of cologne off one of the shelves, and went up to the counter.

     "Excuse me Miss, may I ask you a question?" Ethan asked. Both Nina and her trainer turned around.

     Nina's eyes went wide, as a smirk started to form on Ethan's face.

     "How may I help you, sir?" Nina asked, glancing over at her trainer.

     "I was just wondering...do you like the smell of this cologne?" Ethan handed Nina the bottle, and she smelled it.

     "Yeah, it's nice." She replied before screwing the cap back on, and handing it back to Ethan.

     "Great, I'll buy it then." Ethan went to grab a box of the cologne off the shelf, and brought it up to the counter. Nina rang it through as Ethan pulled out his wallet.

     Nina said the total, and Ethan pulled out a crisp twenty and ten dollar bills for the twenty two dollar cologne.

     "Keep the change." He winked before grabbing the bag that Nina had put the cologne inside.

     As Ethan went to leave the store, he heard Nina say, "I'm sorry about that. He's my boyfriend and was here to pick me up." to her trainer. He tried not to laugh as he walked out of the store, and went over to a cushioned bench that was nearby.

     Ethan set his bag down beside him, and decided to go on his phone as he waited for Nina.

Seven o' clock rolled around, and Nina walked out of American Eagle. Ethan got up and walked over to her.

"Ready to go eat?" He asked from behind her. She spun around, surprised.

"Ethan! You're gonna get me fired on my first day." Nina exclaimed as Ethan took her hand and they started walking to the food court.

"Well, technically your first day is over." Ethan pointed out. Nina scoffed lightly in response, and the rest of the walk was silent.

Ethan and Nina both got some dinner from two different restaurants in the food court before going to find a clean table.

"So I was thinking we could go do some shopping for our trip." Ethan suggested as him and Nina got settled.

"Yeah, sure. I don't really need much. We should get his daughter a birthday present though."

"I know, I just don't know what."

"You can't go wrong with a cute
outfit." Nina replied as she took a bite of her food.

"What should I get for the newborn then?" Ethan asked.

"You know what every parent wants as a gift?"

"What?"

"Sleep, and diapers. But mostly sleep."

"So, do I buy them a mattress?" Ethan furrowed his eyebrows as Nina sighed.

"No, Ethan. Just get both of them some clothes. The babies I mean, not Grayson. I mean, you could get Grayson something. I don't know."

"Thank God I have you to help me." Ethan chuckled softly as he continued eating.

____________

Immm s ooo excited for when they visit Grayyyssonnnn !!!!!!!