chapter twenty five

Finally, after nearly a six hour flight, Ethan and Nina's plane touched down in New York. They waited their turn to get off the plane, and rushed over to baggage claim. They both collected up their suitcases before leaving the airport.

     There was a large crowd of people outside, all waiting for a taxi. Ethan grabbed Nina's hand and led her over to the curb. He started waving down a taxi, and one pulled up beside them.

     The driver popped the trunk, and Ethan loaded up the two suitcases inside. Ethan and Nina got into the backseats of the taxi, and the vehicle started moving.

     "Where to?" He asked after a short moment of silence.

     "Uhh, Saint Francis Hospital please." Ethan replied, recalling the hospital that Grayson said him and his wife were at.

     "Do you need me to go any faster?" The driver asked. He looked at ethan through the back up mirror, his eyebrows furrowed.

     "No, just my sister in law is having a baby."

    "I'll step on it then." The driver said before taking a sharp turn. He started negotiating his way through the traffic, and got around most of it. The taxi was on the highway now, and Ethan was growing more and more anxious.

     About an hour later, Ethan and Nina made it to the hospital. Ethan paid the driver, and got the suitcases out of the trunk. He led the way inside, heading to the nearest information desk.

     "My sister in law is giving birth, where would I go for that?" Ethan asked a lady behind the desk.

     "Floor two, sir. They'll help you out up there." She replied. Ethan thanked her before rushing to the elevator. He rapidly pressed the button, not making it come any faster. Eventually he decided to take the stairs.

     Ethan hoisted both the suitcases up under his arms, and made his way up the stairs.

     "I must seem really crazy to you right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if you ran away, and got a flight back to Los Angeles." Ethan said to Nina as they walked down a long illuminated hallway.

     "I'm not going anywhere, Ethan." She replied. Ethan glanced over his shoulder at her, and smiled softly.

     Eventually, they made it to the front desk of the floor. There was a large waiting room, and faint yells filled the air.

     "I'm looking for Sasha Dolan, can you tell me what room she's in?" Ethan asked the nurse behind the desk. She looked up at him, her dark circles becoming more prominent.

     "What's your relationship?" She asked in a tired voice.

     "I'm Ethan Dolan, she's my sister in law."

     The nurse glanced between Nina and Ethan before nodding her head. "Follow me." She said, and started walked around the desk. She led Ethan and Nina down yet another hallway, and stopped outside a closed door.

     "She's on a lot of pain medication, and both her and her husband are very tired. Please be calm and patient with them." The nurse explained before opening the door. "Mister and Misses Dolan, you have visitors."

     Grayson had his back to the door, but turned around. He still looked the same from when Ethan last saw him, except for the fact that he looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

     "Ethan." He muttered softly as he stood up from his chair.

     "Hello, Brother." Ethan said, a soft smile on his face. Grayson ran over to Ethan, pulling him in for a tight hug. The brothers gently hit each other's backs as they both attempted to choke back tears, but failed. Nina's heart ached when she saw a tear roll down Grayson's cheek as he grinned widely. The boys pulled away, but almost immediately hugged again as they laughed.

     "It's so good to see you." Grayson said softly, his eyes closed as he hugged his twin.

     "What do you mean? You see me every day in the mirror." Ethan replied. That made everyone in the room chuckle, including the nurse who was still standing in the doorway, her hand on the door knob.

     Ethan and Grayson pulled away again, just as they heard a soft click of the door being shut. The nurse was gone.

     "Uh, Grayson, this is Nina Gonzales, my girlfriend." Ethan said, introducing the two.

     "It's so good to finally meet you. I've heard lots about you." Nina smiled as she shook Grayson's hand.

     "Yeah, you too. Ethan never stops talking about you." Grayson replied. Ethan chuckled nervously before walking over to Grayson's wife.

     "Hey, Sasha. Long time no see." Ethan smiled. Ever since he missed the wedding, Sasha's held a small grudge against the man.

     "Yeah, it's been a while." She simply replied. Ethan cleared his throat as he turned to his brother.

     "Is your daughter in the waiting room with someone?" He asked, changing the subject. He heard Sasha sigh heavily but ignored her.

     "No, she's at home with the babysitter. Actually, I was wondering if maybe you'd wanna go get her? Sasha doesn't want me to leave her side." Grayson replied.

     "Yeah, sure. Just text me your address, and if anything happens." Ethan said as he went to grab his suitcase.

     "You guys can leave your stuff there too. We have a guest bedroom you can use." Grayson told them.

     "Are you sure? I mean, I don't want you guys to worry about us and a new baby."

     "At this rate, the baby isn't coming tonight." Grayson replied, chuckling softly.

     "It better." Sasha mumbled miserably.

     "I'll be back soon. Do you guys want anything else?" Ethan asked.

     "Maybe some food? But don't put yourself out for us."

     "Alright." Ethan nodded as he left the room, holding the door open for Nina. They left the hospital, and caught another taxi out front of the large building.

____________

THEIR HUG IM CRYING