chapter nineteen

The next night, after a long day at work of being interrogated by Nina's father, Ethan found himself sitting at his usual spot in the bar, a glass sitting in front of him.

     He hadn't called nina, asking if she wanted to come. Ethan wanted to be alone. The atmosphere of the bar helped him to calm down, and organize his thoughts.

     But, his own relaxed state was interrupted by someone coming into the bar, and sitting down beside him.

     "What are you doing?" The familiar voice of Nina Gonzales filled Ethan's ears. He took a sip of his drink, before turning to look at her.

     "I'm sitting in a bar." Ethan replied.

     "What happened to getting sober for Grayson?" Nina asked.

     "Nina-" Ethan began to say, but he was cut off.

     "You had a glass of wine last night, now you're drinking again? Ethan, you said you weren't gonna drink anymore."

     "Nina, it's water." Ethan told her. She scoffed, and grabbed the glass. Nina took a sip, before slamming the glass down on the counter.

     "Fine, enjoy your water. In fact, maybe I'll have one too." Nina said dramatic as she called over a bartender, and ordered a glass of water. Ethan chuckled as he sipped his drink.

     "How'd you even know I was here?" Ethan asked.

     "I was on my way home from getting groceries when I saw your motorcycle."

     "Why were you buying groceries so late?"

"I had a few job interviews today, and just didn't have any time to go to the store." Nina replied. That's when Ethan looked at her outfit. She was in a black pencil skirt, a white button up shirt, and black pointed stilettos.

"Makes sense." Ethan chuckled softly.

     That night, him and Nina both ordered two more waters before leaving the bar.

____________

I'm sorryyyy this story has been so boring recently, and I'm sure you're all patiently waiting for Grayson's arrival which I promise will be very sooooon :)