epichorn31

This is my interview with epichorn31

They have 504 followers at the moment and 19 published works including Patrick Stump and the Flying Car Brigade and Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament which has 54k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

Another Wattpad user who I know in real life and is no longer active on here recommended the website to me about four years ago. I immediately signed up, since I was writing some short stories by hand and I wanted to try it out.

However, getting a Wattpad account encouraged me to write my first novella (Garage Band). I've been addicted to the site ever since.

2. What story are you most proud of that is currently published?

That's a hard question! I love nearly all of my recent works, so that's a difficult decision for me.

I'm especially proud of Danger Magellan's Invasion of Earth, since it's my first science fiction novel and it's my only story that's been ranked, but I also like Gerard Way and the Triwizard Tournament (highest read count) and its companion books, as well as Dead! (first full-length original novel).

3. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

This is another good question. I change my music with each story. For my current novel, Danger Magellan's Invasion of Earth, I have a Spotify playlist called Danger Magellan's Invasion of My Spotify Account, but I mix it in with Intergalactic Classic Rock.

The book is heavily inspired by both The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars by David Bowie and Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys by My Chemical Romance, so I sometimes listen to one of those two albums while writing as well.

For my other books, I've had everything from Pandora stations to book-specific playlists to a genre of music that I listen to while writing.

4. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

I'm not a fan of bad boy books. Those really irritate me for a number of reasons. I also can't stand grammar/spelling errors, and I fix them as quickly as possible when I see them in my own work.

As for the website itself, I wish that Wattpad would let us go to the Clubs on the Wattpad app. Otherwise, I love the site!

5. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I wish I had a good answer for this. My brain works in mysterious ways, and some of my books have clear points of inspiration, and others don't.

Interestingly, my last three original novels were originally fanfictions that I changed so much in the early planning stages that they're unrecognizable.

Dead! was originally going to be a massive crossover taking place in the afterlife (I kept most of the setting elements and made new characters and plot), Spotlight was originally going to be a Ryden fanfic (I mostly changed the names), and Danger Magellan's Invasion of Earth was originally a My Chemical Romance/Star Wars crossover (I came up with so many original elements that didn't fit with either fandom that I just used those and made a whole new story off of it).

Therefore, I suppose I get inspiration from the Emo Trinity? I'm not really sure if that answers the question though.

6. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

I would not have posted a poetry book. Don't read my poetry. Please. It's for your sanity. I wrote it in middle school. It's really bad.

7. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

I set aside exactly one hour per day to write. I get a lot done that way. Sometimes, school or work gets in the way, but most of the time it doesn't. In fact, I'm off to go write after I'm done answering these questions!

8. Has your experience with Wattpad helped you grow or change at all as a person?

Yes and no. I'm not the same person who joined Wattpad four years ago, but I'm not sure if all of that can be attributed to Wattpad itself.

I know for a fact that I have become a better writer because of Wattpad, and I've gained the confidence to share those skills with others via talking to other Wattpaders, the Clubs, and the writing workshop that I presented at my local library both this summer and last summer.

I've also met some fantastic people through Wattpad, so in a way, Wattpad has helped me change as a person.

9. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

Currently, I'm focused on finishing Danger Magellan's Invasion of Earth, so I suppose that's my goal. I have a short story collection and two novel ideas floating around in my head, but those ideas will make it onto my Wattpad account in their own time.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

I'm not sure. Finishing a novel is always a great feeling, and I was really excited when Danger Magellan's Invasion of Earth first ranked. I've also gotten some hilarious comments on nearly all of my stories. Honestly, I can't decide on this one.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely epichorn31

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr