motherpanic 💞

This is my interview with motherpanic (now petcheater)

They have 1.93k followers at the moment and 10 published works including Secrets which is a Frerard and Bubble Wrap My Heart which is another Frerard that has 83k reads.

1. I'm aware that you had an account before this one. What inspired you to make motherpanic and move from your other account?

Ah you know my old account. That account now no longer exists. I finally deactivated it because I deleted everything on it and I wasn't using it anymore so it was finally time to cut the ties.

But basically my old account, that was like a starting point I guess. I hadn't really written anything since I was a teenager. I wanted to get back into it and seeing as I had probably gotten a little rusty with writing, it was like a refresher for me.

Everything on that account was just pure clichés and bad and ugh. It was all so rushed and I really didn't research for my stories back then. I just wrote these AU's that happened so fast and they were just terrible.

I have no idea how You Are Mine did so well (yes I know I remember the haunted phone story I'm shuddering remembering it). But basically I got tired of writing on that account because I felt that what I had written was just cringy and no one was really reading what I was writing.

I got the idea for Secrets and yes, I know that story is a massive walking cliché because it's Gerard with a drug problem and bad Bert and Frank who is there to save the day. But I wanted people to read it.

I know I write for myself, but it is so nice when people actually read what you write. I knew Secrets wasn't going to get any reads on coffeepot, so one day I was sorting out my CDs and I was trying to think of a new username like one that would work on Wattpad and I just happened to start looking at the backs of CDs to see is anything would pop out and make me go yeah, I wanna use that.

Thank god Gerard put that fuzz pedal on the back of Hesitant Alien because that is where my username came from. I may not listen to the CD anymore, but that is where my username originates from.

I guess Secrets inspired me to start a new account just because I actually did want to improve my writing and I thought a fresh start would help and god I remember messaging tragician_child right at the beginning asking him to read Secrets like that started our friendship I guess but yeah, motherpanic was a fresh start for me to improve and I like to believe that my writing has improved somewhat in the past two years.

2. What did it feel like to hit 1k followers?

When I started my new account, I had no idea that I would even get 100 followers. My first account had about 200 followers and I thought that was just crazy. It took time but eventually I hit 1k followers and I thought everyone was mad like, who the fuck would want to follow me?

Apparently 1000 people and now nearly 2000 people. I mean, I don't fully understand the following system on wp like I get having books in libraries cuz then you get notifs but I assume it's just so you see stuff in your news feed which makes me terrible cuz I rarely check my news feed.

But yeah, I still think it's insane that I have so many followers. I never imagined that I would have this many followers when I started motherpanic. I love and appreciate everyone that follows me and puts up with everything I do.

3. You have a really busy personal life, how do you manage to balance that and writing as much as you do?

In all honesty...I don't know. I am busy like, okay, I get a day off in the week maybe once every two weeks or more. Luckily the next couple of weeks I have my Wednesdays free so I can go out and get coffee and then come back and spend six hours writing. But my day to day life is so busy usually.