starfall_hysteria

This is my interview with starfall_hysteria

They have 447 followers at the moment and 4 published works including poetry oneshots and lyrical beauty which has 1k reads.

1. You have been on this site for two years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

Yep I joined Wattpad in December 2018! It was a huge leap of faith for me, honestly, because for years before that I'd been an avid reader on Wattpad, and I was just really enamoured by the idea that maybe one day I'd be able to get my own works on here as well. I'm proud to say that yes, I have been actively writing since then! In fact, I think it would be fair to say that I started writing even more seriously after joining Wattpad because now I actually had an audience who appreciated the things I was putting out (it was a rather small audience at first, but it was motivation nonetheless.)

Joining Wattpad made me feel validated and somewhat recognised, especially when my works first started gaining attention around June of 2019, I think. I have taken a few breaks from writing, and I did have this long hiatus when I didn't write for more than two months, if I'm not wrong (and that's a really long time to not write for me!) but writing is a strange pursuit, really, in the sense that once you first fall into it you never really recover.

Throughout these two years I think I've fallen even more in love with writing and the power of words than I was when I first started, so you'll (hopefully) continue to see a lot more from me for quite a while!

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

This question really takes me down memory lane haha! I remember very distinctly that the first encounter I had with Wattpad was reading Folie a Deux (a Frerard fancfiction - easily one of the best out there) when I was a very small child, and ever since then I just began dreaming that maybe one day i could publish stuff here, and maybe they'd reach the same level of recognition and love. I used to read very heavily on here, especially when I was first getting into the MCR fandom - because what better way is there to get involved in a band than reading about the members having questionable interactions?

Okay, but funny stuff aside, it was really the emotional depth and power of some of the works here that did it for me. In fact, it was one of your works - When Both Our Cars Collide - that really impacted me and was the kickstart to my writing journey here. I will admit that I read slightly less on here now than I used to, but I'm continuously on the search for hidden gems of books! The writing, of course, hasn't stopped.

3. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

A lot of places! Inspiration is a sneaky thing; it creeps up on you in the most unexpected of places. Fun fact: a lot of my poems are constructed in the depths of my brain at 3am when I'm heavily sleep deprived but can't fall asleep :D

But I'd say I get a lot of my inspiration from music I listen to, things I read and things that happen around me. I mean hey, my first book (lyrical beauty) literally came about because I was in my feels after listening to Summertime by My Chemical Romance, and then I decided to build a whole collection around songs and their atmospheres.

Oh, and I can't talk about inspiration without shamelessly promoting my favourite literary giants - Shakespeare, Poe, Wilde, Kerouac, Angelou, and the whole gang really - they've been instrumental in helping me shape my style and voice as a writer.

4. What is the hardest part about writing for you?

This response is going to be messy, but let me just preface it a little bit: writing is not easy! As ironic as it may seem, I think the hardest part about writing for me is getting the words out. I say this from a lot of frustrated experience - many times, I've had wonderful ideas that sound beautiful and breathtaking in my head, but when I actually try to get them down in words and not just as fluffy ideas, it just doesn't come out right.