violetmoreviolence

This is my interview with violetmoreviolence

They have 743 followers at the moment and 12 published works including Venus As A Boy which is a Frerard and May These Noises Startle You In Your Sleep Tonight which is another Frerard with 34k reads.

1. Why did you first decide to start writing?

Well I joined Wattpad in June 2013 apparently and probably wrote my first fanfic in 2013/14. It's awful. Don't go near it. But I've always been quite into creative writing before Wattpad with both prose and poetry.

2. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

Read Venus as a Boy! I love that fic so much and it is the one I update regularly and is close to being finished now. So yeah read that one for cute romance and characters but also angst and drama, it's a mix of everything.

3. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

At first, a few fics inspired me to get started on my own. Turn Off The Dark by cosmicdiamond hugely inspired my first long fic (May These Noises Startle You In Your Sleep Tonight) but lots of other users on here continue to inspire me to write.

I also love poetry and reading poems from different time periods helped me develop my own from Sappho to Sylvia Plath to Rupi Kaur although the book Love and Other Small Wars by Donna Marie-Riley has in particular influenced my own poetry.

4. Do you enjoy writing oneshots or full length fics more?

Oneshots are a lot easier for me to write because I struggle quite a lot with writers block but that being said, I do really love creating longer works as long as I'm enjoying writing them.

5. You also write poetry on another account. How does your writing process for poetry differ from fanfiction?

With poems I often write them in a moment of emotion but let them sit in my notebook/phone memos for a while before developing them and changing them. I spent a lot of time working on my first collection of poems but my newer collections are less edited and more raw in a way I think.

6. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

I've been into MCR since my young emo days all the way back in 2012. It killed me when they broke up and my obsession only grew after that.

I think the first Frerard fanfic I read was a mpreg because I didn't know what it meant and it freaked me out a little but I've been reading Frerard ever since as my otp and it's still my go-to ship.

I've written many other pairings (Johnlock, Hannigram and even have an AO3 account for a pairing I made myself from my GCSE text, An Inspector Calls as a running joke which has become weirdly popular.)

But yeah Frerard will always be my go to even though I don't listen to MCR as much. They're just such good characters to write.

7. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

It's not a goal at the moment but I would like a book published eventually. I'm studying English at uni next year so will probably go into a writing profession of some sort after that.

8. Is there something you wish you could change about Wattpad besides the bugs and glitches?

I often get frustrated with Wattpad but tbh nothing springs to mind so it can't be that bad!

Oh wait...I WISH you could block people because I don't think there's a way of completely blocking someone from seeing your account unless you make all your works private. Just because I have an ex who was stalking my accounts years after breaking up and reading poems I'd based on her...awkward!

9. If you could be one of the characters you have written for a day who would you choose and why?

I'm in love with Frankie from Venus as a Boy tbh so I'd probably choose him. He has his sad moments but beside that he's adorable, flirtatious and fun loving at heart and his sense of fashion is incredible!

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

I've had quite a few moments...

A main one was when the author of one of my favourite fanfictions on a different site joined Wattpad and recommended my fic on tumblr and messaged me saying that it inspired them to start writing again. That was huge.

Also when people started commenting on my poetry and Perception hit 2k because I wasn't expecting that at all. Someone called me mom the other day for the first time too xD.

I love Wattpad though it's a lovely community and I can't believe how far my little account has come. It's not a mega popular one but I'm still constantly amazed at how many people enjoy my writing :)

Thank you very much for having me <3

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely violetmoreviolence

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr