njmurderscene

This is my interview with njmurderscene

They have 154 followers at the moment and 2 published works including Unafraid which is a Frerard.

1. Why did you first decide to start writing?

I was inspired by all the fics I've read and the lovely people who write them, and also just by my own imagination. I always have scenarios floating around in my head, and sometimes there will be one in particular I just can't stop thinking about, imagining how it would play out.

So at one point I said, "hey, I think I could actually do this, too." I realized I didn't just have to be a reader, that I could be a creator, do it my way and tell my story the way I want it with my own writing style.

There's just something exciting about that, and it's really cool that sites like Wattpad exist these days to empower people that way and make it easy to share your own work.

I'm pretty new to writing fanfic, but the support of people on here has been instrumental in helping combat any anxieties I have about putting my work out there for the world to see. And when some of my favorite writers said they were excited to read my stuff, that honestly gave me the confidence push I needed to actually go ahead with it!

2. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

Oh boy. Well, I'm fairly new to the fanfiction world in general, having only learned last year that Frerard fics are a thing. It was when I decided to read through some YouTube comments on My Chem videos that I fell down the rabbit hole.

I can't believe I never knew band member fics were a thing before that (and such a huge thing, at that), but I'm endlessly thrilled I happened upon them and that my curiosity opened the door to this wonderful world. It was really an "I've found my people" moment.

I've liked My Chem since 2005 when I saw the video for Helena and became obsessed with how attractive Gerard is. That started it all. And I was cosplaying Party Poison before I even knew about the fanfic. So I guess I'm both an oldie and a newbie.

3. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

I find certain types of music can either help or hinder my writing, and it's totally dependent on what I'm writing.

Music is a massive part of my life, so I do incorporate it when I write. I try to listen to what would basically be the soundtrack of the scene I'm writing, much like they do in movies. What would the characters be listening to? What would be the sonic representation of what they're going through right now?

The right song or style of music can really help you place yourself into your character's shoes. Music is a huge influence on mood and can definitely end up affecting the atmosphere of a piece.

For the first chapter of Unafraid, I listened mainly to Leathermouth during the writing process, as much of the chapter takes place at a show like that. So, that one was kind of easy, it was just obvious that it fit and helped me get into that mindset and really be there, so to speak.

On the flip side, I was recently working on a part of another story and the scene was supposed to be kind of cheeky, flirty, light-hearted, a little sassy. I happened to be listening to a beautiful classical piece, and I noticed it actually influencing my writing; the scene turned out much more serious and romantic than I'd intended, so I had to turn off the classical and rewrite that scene!

So it's not so much about any specific band as it is the general mood of the music. I'm basically the queen of playlists, but I don't think I could have a writing playlist as it's so completely dependent on the specific thing you're writing.