malibuskies 💞

This is my interview with malibuskies (now transwillgraham)

They have 209 followers at the moment and 7 published works including Neighbourhood Kids and Queer Trash which is a PJO multiship with 675 reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I made my Wattpad account to read Phanfiction (cringy, I know), and because my best friend had an account and constantly raved about it.

All I had it for was to read, until I got inspiration and started writing really crap Dan and Phil fanfiction. Now look where I've ended up, with friends and followers. I'm glad I made it.

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

I love reading on here, but I think writing is what I do most. I read more on AO3, and I read a lot more fanfiction than original fiction on here.

The writing is my favourite part of it, definitely, and there are some amazing fanfictions on here that help inspire me, whether it's for my original fiction or my fanfiction.

3. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

My favourite character I've written so far has to either be Francesca Gazal from Loving Someone, or Michael Thomas from Neighbourhood Kids. Both of them are LGBTQ+, and are wildly different, but I see them as my children and I love them. Tamsen from NK is a close second, as they aren't afraid to be themselves and are comedic gold.

4. Do you enjoy writing oneshots or full length stories more?

I enjoy writing oneshots, but full length stuff gives me more time for development. I hate rushing character development and/or relationships, so my oneshots usually end up needing second parts, or being a bit rushed. Writing long stuff is hard for me, so I prefer to break it up a little.

5. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

I'd recommend my spam book, or Loving Someone. The spam book gives you some insight on my life, and Loving Someone was the first original fiction I finished on Wattpad. I'm quite proud of it. I would recommend my fanfiction Queer Trash to anyone in the PJO fandom, as it's my personal favourite.

6. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

Tough question, but I usually get inspired by things in my life, music, and/or Tumblr and Wattpad.

Neighbourhood Kids was inspired by my real life friends and experiences as three members of the LGBTQ community, Loving Someone was probably inspired by babyspiders's writing, by some fanfiction I read, and wanting to write more diverse YA fiction (it's been a while, so I can't remember too well).

Queer Trash was produced by my brain at three am (that happens a lot), my Gawsten oneshots by the other Gawsten authors, Paper Hearts by a Tumblr prompt, and Gloom Boys was all inspired from my best internet friend and kind of datemate, Anne (fireballschley).

7. Is there something you wish you could change about Wattpad besides the bugs and glitches?

I'd like it to have a better filter for the search function, and a group chat option for PMs. A media option in PMs would be great, and a better saving system for writing. There have been times that I've lost whole chapters because of this, and it's really annoying.

8. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

I have plans for two fanfictions and possibly a BTS oneshot book, all of which are still in the works. I'm excited to write them !

9. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

Hm...my goal would probably be to win a Watty award, which is not too likely. My main goal is to inspire and hopefully make people happy with my writing

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

My best moment would be my oneshot book hitting 1K reads, or meeting my best friend Anne, who I mentioned before. I'm glad to have met friends on here, and to be close with my readers/followers.

This interview would probably also be one of my proudest moments, as I love Starr's writing a lot (:

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely malibuskies

Update: malibuskies has changed their username they are now transwillgraham

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr