cerebraljosh 💞

This is my interview with cerebraljosh (now BLRRYFCES)

They have 179 followers at the moment and 9 published works including 'cream which is a multiship and apart which is a multiship with 10k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

Well, long story short, this is my third active Wattpad account. I started out on here originally writing regular fiction novels, and then I switched to write my first fanfictions about Ten/Rose, a ship from the British show, Doctor Who.

I then ended up leaving that account entirely and making another one strictly for my phanfiction (Dan and Phil fanfiction) once I became obsessed with them.

Almost a year later, I thought about writing Joshler/Tysh fanfiction so I created this account mainly as a tiny side account to dump all of my Joshler stuff on because my irl friends followed my other one and they didn't ship Joshler, so I wanted to keep it separate for whatever reason.

They know about it now though, but instead of keeping this account as a "side account" it quickly became my main one as I discovered my liking for actually reading Joshler and other band fanfiction and also decided I liked the writing better on this profile.

2. You mostly write Joshler, so how did you first get into that ship?

Basically for as long as I knew twenty one pilots existed (via the phandom, radio and one of my friends), I also knew Joshler existed. I didn't really feel like I was in the clique until about a month or two after I started first really listening to them.

I originally didn't ship them whatsoever, I thought it was a bit odd with Jenna, Tyler's wife, and people like that, and being the newbie I was, I thought Tyler and Josh were iffy on it.

Then I watched some interviews and some of their tour vlogs and whatnot and I found out that Tyler and Josh actually played around with their "relationship" and I found it really funny, and I needed some new characters to write about other than my small group of youtubers, so I started incorporating Tyler and Josh into my fanfictions either as subtle boyfriends or strictly platonic because I was still weary on actually shipping them.

To this day, I still don't like Joshler as far as real life terms go, mainly because I love Jenna Joseph, and I think the ship works much better as a pair of characters.

3. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

It honestly depends on what you want to read, so if you like humor and those Spicy Memes™, then I think you should start with apart, which is basically just another groupchat/texting style fic. It has a good amount of ships in it other than Joshler, including Ryden, Halsanie, Frerard and some others that all kind of merge together in one messy groupchat.

If you like fluff and softness and want to stay away from angst, I think 'cream is the best thing to choose, it's a multiship book including Joshler, Phan, and Halsanie (Melanie Martinez and Halsey). It literally has no angst or drama in it, it's just a cute and happy fic.

If you like drama and angst, then you should start with dangerous sarcasm, which is an alternate universe high school focusing on not Josh or Tyler, but their alter egos (Blurryface, Spooky Jim, etc).

4. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

Hmm, yeah I've got some. I don't like the whole "offensive comment" thing, I mean, I get it, but you can't even reply to them.