iIIustrate ❌

This is my interview with iIIustrate

They have 1.04k followers at the moment and 13 published works including Evanescent which is a Petekey and Funeral March which is a Frerard with 33k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I'd been writing the genres horror, fantasy, etc...I've shipped Frerard as a middle schooler, but never knew about fanfiction until I was fifteen. I've had other ships, but this one ship made me join.

I was watching YouTube and found the ship H2OVanoss. As soon as I found fan art, that was when I discovered fanfiction. It all started on deviantart, then I found more stories on Wattpad. That ship faded away like a year ago, but I kept writing about it for the recognition.

2. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I've been obsessed with gothic poetry since elementary school, and that was when I had an uncanny obsession with Edgar Allen Poe (I still do btw lol). I wrote my first horror/gothic story and it was mainly about vampires. So my inspiration to write anything had to of been Edgar Allan Poe. Plus, I totally get him because he was misunderstood up to his death, of course.

3. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

The first time I've ever listened to My Chemical Romance was in 2009 and that was the exact year I got into them. After surfing the web I found several videos of them kissing and their adorable moments together. I practically fangirled over them for several years, but never shared my views on them.

When I finally discovered other people were writing about this amazing one true pair, I decided it's probably time to start some work of my own.

4. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

I used to have an app called 'Tap' and it was jam-packed with several ships and stories. I plan to add one of my Kellic fics called 'Panties?'. It is a three-book series and seemed to like it. It is pretty popular and I believe it got over 20,000 taps.

But I'm also debating if I should post it on Wattpad because of the fear of the audience not even reading it. Fingers crossed.

5. Is there something you wish you could change about Wattpad besides the bugs and glitches?

I pretty much hate the fact that it doesn't let you indent when you type something on here. I have been writing for several years already and I believe in indenting your paragraphs. I know it's not much of a big deal but it kind of is to me. After basically abusing my spacebar, I decided to give up on that.

I also believe the YouTube method of payment should be on Wattpad as well. I guess when you post a video on YouTube and it gets a certain amount of likes and views, you start getting paid. I always wanted that to be the case on Wattpad, even though I highly doubt they will do that.

I do also believe Wattpad should have some sort of convention like Comic-Con. There are millions of people who join Wattpad and use it almost religiously and I think it would be a great time to socialize amongst each other and interview authors from all over the world. I would call it 'Watt-Con' (hahaha).

But other than those things, I believe Wattpad has improved in ways that are satisfactory, indeed.

6. Do you have any difficulties writing multiple stories at once?

Absolutely. When I started out, I was in high school and had an extraordinary amount of time to write. I used to update every single day and now that I am in my second year of college, I've been updating at least twice a week. It is hard, but writing is everything to me.

7. What story are you most proud of that is currently published?

'Behind Those Hazel Eyes' is probably the best written story I have ever wrote so far. It has so much depth when it comes to the emotion and the situations within the storyline and it's only eight chapters in.

I feel very confident when it comes to this particular story. It's beautiful and I promise, I'm not bragging. This is just one of those stories where I could read and not cringe at all. I'm just really happy about it.

8. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

There is this book that I have been working on called 'Discovering Heterophobia'. It's about living in a world where homosexuality is the new straight, and heterosexuality is a hate crime. I wanted to publish the story with original characters, but I also want to make it into a Frerard fic for the time being.

9. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

I would love to hit 1K followers! I think that would be one of the most exciting moments ever. My future goal is to also improve my grammar, and update more frequently.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

I actually never had a best moment here on Wattpad. It is not a bad thing because the experience on this website made me happy anyway.

If I had to describe my moments on Wattpad, it is definitely a rollercoaster that only goes up. And again, it is not because this experience isn't exciting, nor dazzling, but this website hasn't gave me a reason to feel disappointed but it also hasn't gave me a reason to burst with excitement.

It is an overall amazing experience and it is a great way to get your work out there and express yourself in ways nobody would really understand.

I am guessing this is the end of the interview so thank you very much for having me. I hope everyone who is reading this has an amazing day/afternoon/evening!

Tootles! xo

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely iIIustrate

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

I am officially out of interview nominees now, so if there is anyone you would like to see featured in this book please let me know.

Love you all xxx

- starr