TheWilliamBecker ❌

This is my interview with TheWilliamBecker

They have 1.1k followers at the moment and 7 published works including The White Shade and By The Ocean which has 6k reads.

1. You have been on this site for two years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

Mm, well, I actually joined the site because I hadn't written anything in almost a year. I wrote my debut self published novel in 2015, and didn't write again until I wrote The Black Box.

I was at a point where I hated writing. I was so focused on editing and getting my work out there. I was tearing myself apart for not being good enough. Lots of people think I'm harsh with my criticisms of other authors, but they should realize that I'm a thousand times more brutal to myself.

I sort of enjoyed doing it again when I realized I had an audience. It made me so happy to see people caring again. So, I have become a bit more talented, and I enjoy it a bunch more.

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

I read a ton. I never read anything well known on this website. I mostly explore smaller writers with good grammar and interesting plots. I feel as though reading has really upped my writing abilities

3. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

Different places. Usually, it comes with an idea or feeling that's on my mind. Something will come up, either in my personal life or just as an undertone in my life, and then it turns into something.

I get asked this question a lot and it's sometimes hard to pinpoint. I think the most blatant answer that I can give is that I'll be interested in an emotion, picture, or scene, and then I'll pursue it.

4. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

It really depends on where I am in life. I listened to lots of David Bowie, Alice In Chains, and Johnny Cash while writing By The Ocean. Köln had me pretty much obsessed with Crack The Skye by Mastodon. I listened to tons of atmosphere black metal while writing Grey Skies, I pretty much locked myself in my room and turned the lights off for hours at a time, just basking in the emotions that I got. Grey Skies kind of fell out of nowhere like that

5. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

Mark Hammelton. That's my best answer to that question.

6. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

Oh wow, too many. The biggest one is the children on here. I cannot tell you how many people have blocked me because I commented some constructive criticism. I've gotten death threats, people threatening to come to my house, people saying they're going to rape me, etc...

It also bothers me that no one is completely honest. I'll see a book that someone has written that is total and complete shit, yet, thousands are commenting and praising it. If I were to comment that the book has bad grammar, or they should change something, the author would get so offended. I also really dislike how 70% of everyone here either writes fanfiction or teen fiction.

7. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

I'm pretty much just trying to see how far I can get with this thing.

8. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

I allow writing to become a part of my personal life. I see lots of people saying they don't have time to write, but I feel like they don't allow themselves time. I lose a good amount of sleep, I cut into my class time, and I usually have my phone on me. There's always time, trust me. Maybe I'm weird, but I'm not always busy with some task that prevents me from writing, or at least putting an idea down on paper.

9. Has your experience with Wattpad helped you grow or change at all as a person?

Yes, it has. It's allowed me to meet lots of people, and sort of understand more about everyone being different in their problems and world views. I used to think that I needed to be able to help everybody with something, but now I've learned that not everyone wants to change their ways.

It's also made me a little bit better at identifying when someone is mistreating me. I used to have a problem where I didn't recognize if someone was being awful or mean to me.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

Probably getting featured. That's pretty high up there on the list of things that have changed my life. I had a few hundred followers and was beginning to think my life was worthless. No one was reading my new stories and I kind of hated myself/my writing. Getting featured really instilled a different degree of confidence.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely TheWilliamBecker

Update: TheWilliamBecker has deleted their account.

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr